spc
uniqs
nnaarrnn
join:2004-09-30
Charleston, WV

2 recommendations

nnaarrnn to Anonymous_

to Anonymous_

Re: Getting unwanted magazines in the mail(DID NOT subscribe to)

When my wife was pregnant, we shopped at "Motherhood Maternity" in our local mall, and just by swiping your card to pay for your items, you're automatically signed up for Parenthood magazine, billed to the same card you swiped. You have until you receive the second issue to cancel the crap. I think that should be illegal.

beck
MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road

1 recommendation

beck

MVM

said by nnaarrnn:

When my wife was pregnant, we shopped at "Motherhood Maternity" in our local mall, and just by swiping your card to pay for your items, you're automatically signed up for Parenthood magazine, billed to the same card you swiped. You have until you receive the second issue to cancel the crap. I think that should be illegal.
Fill out a report to your attorney general.
nnaarrnn
join:2004-09-30
Charleston, WV

nnaarrnn

It's been almost 2 years since that happened, and we caught it when we received the first magazine. We were like "why the hell did we get this?!?!?!?" and cancelled. But others might not have been so lucky to notice. It's just one more reason to pay cash, and take the banks (at least partly) out of the transaction.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_ to nnaarrnn

Premium Member

to nnaarrnn
said by nnaarrnn:

i checked my credit card statements and found nothing