Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to butchevans

Premium Member

to butchevans

Re: Usenet + Encryption / Private BitTorrent

said by butchevans:

As soon as I decide to no longer accept your money, I am no longer obligated to permit you access. After all, it is MY RIGHT as the owner of the network to determine who I will sell to. I may decide I don't like people who use a name like "bsoft", and use that as a basis. It is NOT discrimination, it is a choice on my part whether to serve you or not.
Well, the gov't doesn't subscribe to your philosophy anymore. Remember stores with signs that said " We have the right to refuse service to anyone". Well now that is against the law based on race, religion, sexual orientation, physical handicap, etc.
butchevans
Premium Member
join:2007-01-15
Malden, MO

butchevans

Premium Member

said by FFH5:

Well, the gov't doesn't subscribe to your philosophy anymore. Remember stores with signs that said " We have the right to refuse service to anyone". Well now that is against the law based on race, religion, sexual orientation, physical handicap, etc.
I used the example based on dislike of a name. I don't think race or religion came into it. Either way, as a network operator, I HAVE chosen to refuse service in the past. I have done so as a consultant as well. Until I accept money, I am not obligated to provide service. It's the main reason I chose NOT to participate in the money grab that is called an "economic stimulus". It will be the government's network too soon for my taste anyway.