Search similar:

uniqs

bbwithdrawls
join:2008-08-30
Vanleer, TN

1 edit

bbwithdrawls

2 BRI ISDN and get 256 kbps

Old question i know , can you take 2 BRI ISDN lines and combine them for a total of 256 kbps , I know the provider has to support it and I found one that does, but will 2 BRI lines get you 256 and what equipment is needed ??

Pitbull , Belushi ???

Thanks

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

You could use something like a Cisco 1700 with either two T1 cards or one dual T1 card. If I were going to try something like this I would want to use a brand of router that the ISP supports. I don't know if there is anything tricky to setting this up or not but having at lease some tech support from your ISP would be nice.

jsb
join:2009-12-25
Canada

jsb

said by robbin:

You could use something like a Cisco 1700 with either two T1 cards or one dual T1 card. If I were going to try something like this I would want to use a brand of router that the ISP supports. I don't know if there is anything tricky to setting this up or not but having at lease some tech support from your ISP would be nice.
T1 and BRI are completely different animals. What the OP needs is a Cisco 1841 router (or any other model with 2 HWIC slots) with 2 HWIC-1B-U's.

T1 cards will NOT work with ISDN BRI service.

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

Your're right -- sorry for the mind slip. The Cisco 1700 or similar should still work, you just need two ISDN BRI cards in it. Looks like the OP is in the US so they should make sure that the cards have an integrated NT-1. I believe this makes them the U cards as opposed to the S/T cards which require an external NP-1.

»www.cisco.com/en/US/prod ··· 15.shtml

bbwithdrawls
join:2008-08-30
Vanleer, TN

bbwithdrawls

I have found a way to do it I believe here , they do it all the time with T1 and used to do it with ISDN , just no one except us special people use it anymore

»www.cisco.com/en/US/tech ··· 3b.shtml

,, yes it requires a Cisco modular router or lucent super-pipe , Cisco has a 4 port ISDN card , you can buy them on ebay for 8-10 dollars each
Cisco NM-4B/U 4-Port ISDN BRI Network Module w/ NT-1
and you configure Multilink PPP and a dialer interface

I'm curious since some dial up ISP's pop the second channel already is their RAS server set up to do that already ??? and would they do 4 channels ???

I have found one ISP Millenicom that says they will do as many as I want for 10.00 month each 64 k channel so for 256 k its 40 a month for the isp

anyone tried this before ?? I,m thinking on taking the dive
rm12577
join:2010-01-16
Elgin, TX

rm12577

havent tried it but wanting to hear the results, a second line wouldnt be cheap but hell I would love 256k out here in the sticks...