jjmb
join:2009-12-01
USA

1 recommendation

jjmb to andyross

to andyross

Re: New Comcast IPv6 Information

said by andyross:

It's been noticed the latest SB6120 firmware added some IP mode info on the configuration page, so it looks like it may be able to support IPv6.

How many, if any, home-oriented routers support IPv6?
DOCSIS 3.0 modems have been specified to support IPv6. The new information you are seeing on the modem is an extension of introducing support for IPv6 into DOCSIS.

There is a growing population of home routers/gateways that support IPv6.

In advance of our various trial phases we will share information about the various types of devices we are aware of (and tested) that can be used as part of our trials.

John
OCP
Premium Member
join:2004-10-11
USA

OCP

Premium Member

said by jjmb :
Is there a list somewhere? I'm seeing only commercial grade and open source stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I have a lot to learn, and I would expect to need some new hardware in the next couple of years.

jjmb
join:2009-12-01
USA

jjmb

said by OCP:

said by jjmb :
Is there a list somewhere? I'm seeing only commercial grade and open source stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I have a lot to learn, and I would expect to need some new hardware in the next couple of years.
We have not yet posted a list. As the time nears expect to see some additional information from us. We are working closely with home gateway vendors to ensure products support all the necessary IPv6 requirements.

Thanks,

John