Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Da Geek Kid

join:2003-10-11
::1
kudos:1
reply to BlueC

Re: Metro Ethernet: 2821 vs. 2921 router

For Metro Ethernet... I'd look at a Switch and NOT a router, something like the 3750 ME it's capable of pushing 8mpps as opposed to 900kpps...
IMHO

nosx

join:2004-12-27
kudos:5
MetroE might be code for internet connection with ethernet access handoff to client. You would need a MLS capable of NAT in that case, or a separate firewall.

BlueC

join:2009-11-26
Minneapolis, MN
reply to Da Geek Kid
A bit late to the party, but we ended up going with a 2921. Seems to work out just fine. No complaints.

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
Premium,MVM
join:2008-01-16
Chandler, AZ
said by BlueC:

A bit late to the party, but we ended up going with a 2921. Seems to work out just fine. No complaints.
should crack it open and take pics of the hardware for kamikatze See Profile

q.
--
"...if I in my north room dance naked, grotesquely before my mirror waving my shirt round my head and singing softly to myself..."

BlueC

Minneapolis, MN
I will say that the 2921 was roughly the same cost as the 2821 when we were ordering it. I think it's simply a no-brainer considering the 2921 can handle more bandwidth.

kamikatze

join:2007-11-02
kudos:2
reply to tubbynet
said by tubbynet:

said by BlueC:

should crack it open and take pics of the hardware for kamikatze See Profile

q.
Even a show version/platform/diag is great!
show crypto eli
would also be nice!

jsb

join:2009-12-25
Canada
reply to BlueC
Great machine - maybe a bit overkill for your application but excellent bang for the buck

BlueC

Minneapolis, MN
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Integra Telecom
Indeed it is a great machine, an overkill perhaps, but it gets the job done and leaves plenty of room for bandwidth upgrades going forward.

Now our only bottleneck is every subscribers personal router. I think the 20-35 mbps symmetrical bandwidth is too much for some people's equipment. Never thought I'd see this as being a problem, it's a happy/sad feeling.

BigBlockChev

join:2004-09-18

1 recommendation

reply to kamikatze
We bought a pair of these and are very happy thus far.

sporkme
drop the crantini and move it, sister
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-01
Morristown, NJ
reply to BlueC
What was the street price?

BlueC

Minneapolis, MN
We went through our ISP for everything. 2821 was priced at $3200, 2921 came in @ just under $3000. Newer router was cheaper, go figure...