spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rm12577
join:2010-01-16
Elgin, TX

rm12577

DNS ip's for dial up accounts on msn, yahoo, etc

Hey, quite a few posts list that people are just using generic dial up accounts from different isp's what do you put in for the dns information for them, do they know what you are asking for if you call their support for information? I got an account with peoplepc because its cheap and has a lot of access numbers but they had no idea what I was asking for when I said I needed name server ip's for my connection... any idea what I should use?
aeblank
join:2004-09-07
Cadillac, MI

aeblank

Does peoplepc bond both channels?
Any disconnect issues, etc.? Or can you peg it 24x7 with both channels? Please let me know!
I'm looking for a cheap backup.

If you call and ask for their DNS servers, they MIGHT know what you're talking about. Seems they offer an "easy" software solution.

Personally, I'd just use a public DNS.
4.2.2.2 or some such.
Google's is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

»theos.in/windows-xp/free ··· er-list/
rm12577
Elgin, TX

rm12577

yea i had thought those were public ones that you sent me, I got one channel up on it after I have ATT come out and repair the second channel issues they have in their circuit I will test to see if it will bond, I got the DNS by using a modem I had and my phone line... felt so old school, It has two access numbers that are almost identical to my current ISP that supports ISDN so I am hoping it will bond especially since it is 5 dollars a month for three months then 10 after that unlimited.
rm12577

1 edit

rm12577

alright it works as long as you dont use any of the dns servers that they use, i used the ones you posted and am connected and bind is working fine so glad they finally fixed my line issues. still only getting 11 down and 10 up but hey it beats dial up and non working internet so I will work with it till I can get them to install dslams in the RT near here...
aeblank
Cadillac, MI

aeblank to rm12577

to rm12577
So it bonds both channels as long as you want?

Does it auto-disconnect or anything like that?

Do a show dialer and you can see your connection times. Assuming no phone calls, the times should get into the days and weeks.

11 down and 10 up isn't the greatest. should be 14 both ways.
aeblank

aeblank

I can confirm peoplepc works for ISDN bonding both channels. Not positive about the longevity of the connection, as it's only been on for a few hours, but its looking good.
rm12577
Elgin, TX

rm12577

i had an issue initially but now its been up for 3 days with no problems at all, at one point it just seemed to be hung so i rebooted the router and it was fine.
aeblank
Cadillac, MI

aeblank

I believe I am seeing a 12 hour disconnect. It went into service at about 1:00 yesterday, and I've been keeping an eye on the connection times. I'm quite sure what I am seeing is a disconnect at 1:xx in the morning (the users are surely in bed), and now just 18 minutes ago, so 1:30 roughly.

It auto-reconnects, so it isn't a big deal. As long as the connection times are staggered, you won't even lose your IP address since it only kicks off the one connected for 12 hours.

For me, it's a nice backup ISP to have.
rm12577
Elgin, TX

rm12577

definitely a cheap backup isp as well, i havent been disconnected for 6 days yet, pretty soon I might actually stop monitoring the connection constantly if this uptime holds true. I will watch for disconnects and let you know if i do get any but so far its holding strong at least for me. I found a few access numbers that I wasn't able to get a connection at all on but they might also not work for dial up they are long distance from my phone so I cant test them that way, but no connection for me to those numbers at least.