how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

lalbiar

join:2010-01-31
Canyon Lake, TX

MagicJack with a Tracfone

I bought a MagicJack in October. I was able to call my Tracfone with MJ until 2 days ago. I spoke with MagicJack and Tracfone and they are both saying its the other company. All of my family has Tracfones and this is affecting all of us. Any suggestions?

bitstopjoe

join:2009-08-02
Pen Argyl, PA
If it was working up to 2 days ago. I would give it a few days to sort out. MAYBE MJ is doing work on their servers and it is affecting those exchanges. Can you call any other number in the same exchange as your Tracfone??
If after a few days and it is still not working I would bitch and moan to the Tracfone people till you get someone there who can help. The reason being you can only bitch so much to the MJ people till they have you reboot your PC, then POOF they are gone and so are you.

Joe Sica

lalbiar

Canyon Lake, TX
I can call any number with MJ except for a Tracfone. No problem with friends with other cell phone carriers or land lines.

bitstopjoe

Pen Argyl, PA
Well as I asked can you call the SAME exchange as your Tracfone?? Meaning if the Tracfone # is 123-456-7890 can you call other #'s in the 123-456 realm?
Usually when one can call other #'s and not a specfic one it has to do with someone not aware of the new MJ exchange. Since you said it has been working SOMEONE must have done some sort of update somewhere to now having your MJ not being a known exchange. Hard to say where the fault is, USUALLY it is not MJ.
So come Monday I would call Tracfone and keep asking for a supervisor and their supervisor till someone has an idea whats's what.

Joe Sica

lalbiar

Canyon Lake, TX
reply to lalbiar
Yes, I can call the same exchange. Spoke with Tracfone this morning but they blamed it on MJ. They are also extremely hard to understand. Their english is terrible and I have to constantly ask them to repeat themselves. I have sent a email to Tracfone and am waiting for a reply.

bitstopjoe

Pen Argyl, PA
reply to lalbiar
Yeah it stinks when you call support and you get India or the Philippines. I guess these companies don't care when you have a problem you have to be able to COMMUNICATE that problem and be COMUNICATED too. It saves them $.
All I can say is if you can't understand always ask for a supervisor and keep doing that till you finally speak to someone you can SOME WHAT understand. VERY frustrating, I know.
I am pretty sure it will turn out to be Tracfone's problem. Having them find it let alone fix it, well that's another story AND problem.
Good luck and keep us posted on what the final outcome is and how it was reached.

Joe Sica

lalbiar

Canyon Lake, TX
reply to lalbiar
Thanks

Littlem129
Premium
join:2007-05-13
White Pine, TN
reply to lalbiar
Try Tracfone's Miami phone number (305) 715-6673, hours are M-F 9am-6pm EDT. It's not a toll free number, but they're native English speakers and will work with you to resolve your problem.

I haven't called this number, a friend gave it to me in case I ever needed it. He said it's excellent customer service at this number.

mainer

@cox.net
reply to lalbiar
I tried calling my Tracfone today from my MJ and it worked fine.

bitstopjoe

Pen Argyl, PA
Yep as I mentioned give it a few days.. Sometimes things like that just go bye bye. Chances are it is because you contacted both vendors and someone did something. OR it was just MJ doing something on their servers. Either way glad to hear it is working again for you.

Joe Sica