uniqs
share rss forum feed

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
reply to Snakeoil

Re: You have to love the

I think we are going to get another 3 or so inches for a total of close to 6 inches from the way it looks. We still have half of the storm to go through...
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
I have been stuck in a safe warm spot for a while now.. haven't even been outside or looked outside.. Hence I chuckle at the idea of snow, ice, sleet.

I'd rather be out there, then in here though.
--
Care Bear This: If anything I say offends you, then you have a problem. As I am a stranger to you, so my words should have zero emotional impact on you. If they do, please seek help from Dr. Phil.

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
reply to CylonRed
It really just started to snow, here, about an hour ago. very fine, dry, snowflakes... almost invisible. In fact, it looks more like it's just foggy as opposed to actually snowing. The street has a light dusting on it so far, but my driveway, strangely enough, doesn't have anything on it at all. I guess being very black, the drive absorbed enough heat to melt what has fallen so far.

As of this morning, only a handful of schools announced closings, and they are all south of here. The local forecast is for 6-9" the last I looked. Based on what I see outside now, it's going to have to pick it up considerably to get that kind of accumulation by tomorrow if it continues at this rate. I'm not complaining... mind you. Just making an observation. I'm just glad I finally threw off this damn cold I've had since New Year's Day. The last week is the first I've felt like a human being this year.
--
Sometimes I think it's a shame... When I get feelin' better when I'm feelin' no pain

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County
Looks like the snow is almost gone now.... For us...

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
Cortland, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
Well, they've downgraded the Winter Storm Warning to just a Weather Advisory... so they've closed damn near all the schools in the area for tomorrow. The weather service is predicting only 1-3" of new snow by tomorrow noon. I guess everyone felt cheated out of a day off since the last blast hit on the weekend!

We've only gotten about an inch, or so, more today and tonight. Not that I'm complainin' or anything.
--
Sometimes I think it's a shame... When I get feelin' better when I'm feelin' no pain

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County
2nd day of school being closed - windchills about 0. Got another half inch over night. Back roads are a joke but the main ones are ok - be some ice on them but not black ice.

That would be about 6.5 inches officially I think for this storm.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
Cortland, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
We got about 3" overnight. Roads are a mess. had to take the Impala in for service at 9 am. and even though the plows had made a pass or two, the roads were a veritable skating rink. Very little traffic on the roads. I just got in from doing the drives... s'posed to get windier this afternoon.
--

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
Cortland, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
reply to CylonRed
Well, after snowing all day and dumping another 3" or so on the ground, it has finally quit snowing here. I did the drives twice today!

It was kind funny, following the weather radar... the bulk of the storm went through last night, but then it seemed to turn around and take another swipe at us during the day today.
--

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County
reply to CylonRed
Looks like we are getting our 3rd big storm in as many weeks - pretty unusual for SW Ohio. From the forcast it looks like it will not necessarily go north.

While at the IL's house their NWS radio went off to upgrade the watch to a warning - snow starting early monday. 5-8 inches or more with gusting winds.

quote:
Winter storm warning in effect from 4 am Monday to 6 am est tuesday,
The NWS in wilmington has issued a winter storm warning for heavy snow, which is in effect from 4 am monday to 6 am est Tuesday. The winter storm watch is no longer in effect.
Snow is forecast to develop overnight tonight as a storm system moves toward the middle Ohio valley. Snow, heavy at times, is expected on Monday. Snow will diminish in coverage and intensity monday night. Total snowfall accumulations of 5 to 9 inches are expected, with locally higher amounts.
--
Brian

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
Cortland, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
We have a Winter Weather Advisory posted for 12 noon tomorrow for 3-5" by Tuesday noon. Looks like it'll stay south of us, though.

--

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County

1 edit
Click for full size
We have heavy snow - been snowing since about 8 AM. Guessing we have another 2 inches on the ground.

I have 2 ft- 3 ft icicles hanging off the gutters. I need to get some tine and break them off.

75 South (nearest lanes) - south of Dayton.
--
Brian

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
Cortland, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
We got nuthin' yet! Ditto on the icicles! I've got them all over. it's actually somewhat warm here. Streets are getting slushy and what little was on the drive is melting pretty fast.
--

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
Cortland, OH
reply to CylonRed
Started snowing last night... we have about 3" of wet snow today.