join:2001-06-01
Outland
kudos:2
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..

[WIN7] How to turn off Teredo in Windows 7?

I've noticed on my router that Teredo is active on my Windows 7 PC's. I can't figure out what is using it. I've disabled IP 6 from my adapter settings.

Is there a way to disable this service? Is there a way to figure out what is using it?
--
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire
kudos:13

should work in Win7
»www.ditii.com/2007/09/12/windows···nneling/

Cudni

Selenia
I love Debian
Premium
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR
reply to pandora

Just curious, why do you want to disable it? Seems the last solution would work, but I would think it's a good thing that clients are given IPv6 connectivity via tunnel by default. That is something that might ease the sale of IPv6 addresses to websites, because they know clients would be able to access them if they made the switch. Just my 2 cents.
--
deltree /y C:\*.*

pandora
Premium
Outland
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..

1 recommendation

When we begin to use IP 6, I'll be happy to have it enabled.

Until then, I'd rather stick with IP 4.

I'm uncertain about how well security to Teredo works, and until it is necessary would prefer to keep the service off.
--
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Selenia
I love Debian
Premium
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR
reply to pandora

I, on the other hand, do use it. There is very limited IPv6 sites atm. However, I did an experiment for shits and giggles with my server hosted on a capable host. I moved my ssh service to an IPv6 interface. I have since kept it that way because I love how IPv4 port scans can't find my ssh port or any other services I stick on that interface. Makes for shorter logs =)
--
deltree /y C:\*.*

pandora
Premium
Outland
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..

said by Selenia:

I, on the other hand, do use it. There is very limited IPv6 sites atm. However, I did an experiment for shits and giggles with my server hosted on a capable host. I moved my ssh service to an IPv6 interface. I have since kept it that way because I love how IPv4 port scans can't find my ssh port or any other services I stick on that interface. Makes for shorter logs =)
I'm uncertain we know exactly what is going on with IPv6, in particular with respect to security. At the moment, until it is more common, and supported natively by routers, ISP's, and security products, I'll take a wait and see.
--