spc
Search similar:

uniqs
SouthernLCC
join:2005-11-30
Canton, GA

SouthernLCC

CDV and DOCSIS 3.0

Any idea when a DOCSIS 3.0 emta will be offered by Comcast? I currently have the 6120 but am considering moving to CDV and don't want to lose my higher speeds.

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313

Premium Member

said by SouthernLCC:

Any idea when a DOCSIS 3.0 emta will be offered by Comcast? I currently have the 6120 but am considering moving to CDV and don't want to lose my higher speeds.
There are 2 options. You will either have a Dual modem set up where your 6120 will do the net and the CDV modem will do phone.

Or since Docsis 3 has really gotten going now, you'll get an ARRIS 702G which would do both net and phone on 1 device.

From screenshots I've seen of the 702G doing internet, speeds are comparable if not equal to the 6120.

Hope that helps.
relish
join:2009-07-21
Sterling Heights, MI

relish

User "EG" actually said that some users have reported better internet performance when the CDV and HSI were on separate devices. Just something to keep in mind...

One downside is that you have to use a splitter, which alone can degrade performance. Another problem is that you don't want to bother buying your own D3 modem anymore because you'll have to pay recurring rental fees on the VoIP modem.
cracker 52
join:2007-01-23
Atlanta, GA

cracker 52

said by relish:

User "EG" actually said that some users have reported better internet performance when the CDV and HSI were on separate devices. Just something to keep in mind...

Not in my case. There was no difference in speed in my 50/10 tier after switching to 702G.
relish
join:2009-07-21
Sterling Heights, MI

relish

That's good to know. I'm going to assume you tested this somewhat thoroughly too.

Anybody have any objections with evidence?
Reese1972
join:2003-03-08
Hazel Park, MI

Reese1972 to SouthernLCC

to SouthernLCC
My eMTA 702g flys
MagilaGorila
join:2009-12-08
Falmouth, MA

1 edit

MagilaGorila

^^Ditto ^^ with the 702
No glitches/hangups or reboots
Even adding the router was plug and play
Moffetts
join:2005-05-09
San Mateo, CA

Moffetts to cracker 52

to cracker 52
said by cracker 52:

said by relish:

Not in my case. There was no difference in speed in my 50/10 tier after switching to 702G.
Yep, I get over 60/12 on speedtests, 55/10 sustained on my 702G.