shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner to AlmostBroke

Premium Member

to AlmostBroke

Re: Best Cable/Sattelite Provider In Canada

Call up BellTV and tell them what you're being offered. You'd be amazed what kind of retention deal they'll throw your way.
AlmostBroke
join:2009-11-24

AlmostBroke

I'm going to make the call this week.

I plan on canceling home phone, internet and TV.

Should I tell them this upfront? Or should I tell them I am canceling one service, decide on their retention offer and hang up to calla gain about another service and cancel each service individually?

I'm likely switching to TekSavvy for internet, but if Bell lowers the pricing on Phone and TV they will likely bear the price of Rogers TV and TekSavvy phone.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

they will likely offer you a retention deal to keep you...the problem is, in most cases, you need to deal with each department individually.
AlmostBroke
join:2009-11-24

AlmostBroke

I'm fine with a retention deal for TV and Phone, as long as it ends up no contract, cheaper than TSI phone and Rogers TV.

So I should do each service individually.

Writing down benefits of each service from each company I may switch to so I know what to accept and what not to .
Robrr
join:2008-04-19

Robrr

I would just pull the service out entirely. Management types don't "get it" when you take a retention deal but when you cancel they "get it".

Rogers called me several times after I dropped tv, internet and home phone with them for Shaw Direct and Teksavvy. They also mailed me all kinds of stupid advertising crap trying to get me back.

I told Rogers every time they called that I had no interest in returning to them as a customer as long as they continued to offer poor value for money in terms of their services. It even got me a call from the Office Of The President about it in which I went to great detail of explaining that I was fed up with them cutting services and increasing the price continually.

Ultimately they were sad to see me go as a customer but they understood why. Rogers lost the better part of a $450+/month customer due to their business decisions.

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009 to AlmostBroke

to AlmostBroke
said by AlmostBroke:

I'm fine with a retention deal for TV and Phone, as long as it ends up no contract, cheaper than TSI phone and Rogers TV.

Writing down benefits of each service from each company I may switch to so I know what to accept and what not to .
What I do is call Rogers and find out what type of deals they have for new subscribers. Then I call Bell and ask for retentions and ask them if they'll beat Rogers. The past two years they have.
Stojko
Premium Member
join:2007-10-20
St John's NL

Stojko to shaner

Premium Member

to shaner
said by shaner:

Call up BellTV and tell them what you're being offered. You'd be amazed what kind of retention deal they'll throw your way.
x2

30% off, anyone?

Sean8
join:2004-01-23
Toronto

Sean8 to Mike2009

to Mike2009
said by Mike2009:

said by AlmostBroke:

What I do is call Rogers and find out what type of deals they have for new subscribers. Then I call Bell and ask for retentions and ask them if they'll beat Rogers. The past two years they have.
I do this too, and have done it for the past 2 years, as well as doing the same thing for my cell plan. Currently I pay $95/m for TV (basic + international), Performance Internet (7 Mbps), and home phone.