All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
AlmostBroke
join:2009-11-24

AlmostBroke to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0

Re: Best Cable/Sattelite Provider In Canada

I'm fine with a retention deal for TV and Phone, as long as it ends up no contract, cheaper than TSI phone and Rogers TV.

So I should do each service individually.

Writing down benefits of each service from each company I may switch to so I know what to accept and what not to .
Robrr
join:2008-04-19

Robrr

I would just pull the service out entirely. Management types don't "get it" when you take a retention deal but when you cancel they "get it".

Rogers called me several times after I dropped tv, internet and home phone with them for Shaw Direct and Teksavvy. They also mailed me all kinds of stupid advertising crap trying to get me back.

I told Rogers every time they called that I had no interest in returning to them as a customer as long as they continued to offer poor value for money in terms of their services. It even got me a call from the Office Of The President about it in which I went to great detail of explaining that I was fed up with them cutting services and increasing the price continually.

Ultimately they were sad to see me go as a customer but they understood why. Rogers lost the better part of a $450+/month customer due to their business decisions.

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009 to AlmostBroke

to AlmostBroke
said by AlmostBroke:

I'm fine with a retention deal for TV and Phone, as long as it ends up no contract, cheaper than TSI phone and Rogers TV.

Writing down benefits of each service from each company I may switch to so I know what to accept and what not to .
What I do is call Rogers and find out what type of deals they have for new subscribers. Then I call Bell and ask for retentions and ask them if they'll beat Rogers. The past two years they have.

Sean8
join:2004-01-23
Toronto

Sean8

said by Mike2009:

said by AlmostBroke:

What I do is call Rogers and find out what type of deals they have for new subscribers. Then I call Bell and ask for retentions and ask them if they'll beat Rogers. The past two years they have.
I do this too, and have done it for the past 2 years, as well as doing the same thing for my cell plan. Currently I pay $95/m for TV (basic + international), Performance Internet (7 Mbps), and home phone.