Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sachin90

join:2010-02-16
Fremont, CA

1 edit

Vonage Click2Call iPhone Apps

Just wanted to take a moment to write about Vonage's cool Click2Call feature and the iPhone apps based on this feature. I really love this feature and there are many widgets, utilities out there that use this feature. This is a pretty old feature of Vonage, but I was surprised to see there weren't any good iPhone apps until a few months back. There are a few now.

vDialer: Is the latest on the market, but packs the best of the features. Cool thing about this is, it has favorites that makes it real Click to Call application. Lite is priced at $0.99 (was free for a while) but only comes with 2 favs. Need to upgrade through in app purchase to get more favorites and other cool features. This costs same as others for basic functionality and some extra features, but need to pay more for other features.
»itunes.apple.com/us/app/vdialer/···758?mt=8

vDial : Is also fairly recent. This gets the job done, but is still hard to dial a number. You have to click a button to bring up your address book and then scroll through contacts or search your contact, and when you click a number of that contact, it dials that number. (gets hard if you have hundreds of contacts). Priced at $0.99
»itunes.apple.com/us/app/vdial/id···671?mt=8

Dial 4 Me: I think it is the first app based on Click to Call feature, but has crappy UI (in my view and several other app reviewers) and usage is same as vDail. But again it gets the job done. I haven't see any updates recently, so I am not sure if this app has active support. Priced at $0.99.
»itunes.apple.com/us/app/dial-4-m···404?mt=8

If anyone has used any of these applications, please do share your experience.

shashi0807

join:2010-02-24
Fremont, CA

vDialer is the best in its category with full integration of the Iphone contacts. No need to worry about calling the number of vonage phone. Just dial from the app and it will connect to your vonage phone.

Expand your moderator at work

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY
kudos:1
reply to shashi0807

Re: Vonage Click2Call iPhone Apps

said by shashi0807:

vDialer is the best in its category with full integration of the Iphone contacts. No need to worry about calling the number of vonage phone. Just dial from the app and it will connect to your vonage phone.
Why not use the standard Vonage supplied iPhone app. I use it - I can make calls via wifi and 3g (jb only) using my contact list and have the minutes apply to my home Vonage account (unlimited worldwide). If you correctly link the app to your vonage number - this works GREAT.

I used almost 2000 minutes last month on my Vonage line and 15 minutes on my AT&T iphone account.

Note: To have the Vonage app run in the background and to have it work with 3g - you must have a jailbroken iPhone