Premium Member
join:2009-08-20
Schuylkill Haven, PA

nerdburg to cypherstream

Premium Member

to cypherstream

Re: Cable goes black for a second on ocassion

said by cypherstream:

I know some HDMI handshake issues can occur....
Nah, not the same thing. It's been doing it on my DCH3416 since the guide update.

It's just a random momentary blip, so minor I might not even notice it if my Bose didn't have to reacquire the audio stream.

Like someone else noted, it's particularly odd, because the DVR does not record the blip.
bnculp
join:2001-10-20
Reading, PA

bnculp

Perhaps this is not relevant, but didn't DCH3416 owners get a new firmware level (18.73) when the A28 guide was activated in January 2010 ? I think I was at firmware 18.34 or 18.43 before the A28 update.

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA

cypherstream

MVM

Hmm good point. I haven't been tracking the DCH firmware versions since I got the DCX box. On the DCX, the firmware remained at ver 22.35 after the IGuide update. I know 22.37 is available, but they don't run that on our system.

psujim
join:2007-10-10
Reading, PA

psujim to nerdburg

to nerdburg
Like someone else noted, it's particularly odd, because the DVR does not record the blip.
Actually, I just noticed it on a DVR recording from two weeks ago. Funny thing is, when I did the 5 second skip back, it didn't do it the second time through. It definitely does seem to be occurring since the guide update however.

nerdburg
Premium Member
join:2009-08-20
Schuylkill Haven, PA

nerdburg

Premium Member

said by psujim:
Actually, I just noticed it on a DVR recording from two weeks ago. Funny thing is, when I did the 5 second skip back, it didn't do it the second time through. It definitely does seem to be occurring since the guide update however.
Yeah, I just noticed it in a recording too.