spc
Search similar:

uniqs

V0X
join:2000-08-17
Ooltewah, TN

V0X

So I love PP. How about a Zippy?

I just converted my 2 year contract (I'm in my first 30 days) to the 2 year, 199.00 promotional. I'm going to be traveling and would really like to get my hands on a Zippy USB adapter like that found in the Best Buy bundle. Are these purchasable?
34574589 (banned)
join:2009-09-05

1 edit

34574589 (banned)

said by V0X:

I just converted my 2 year contract (I'm in my first 30 days) to the 2 year, 199.00 promotional. I'm going to be traveling and would really like to get my hands on a Zippy USB adapter like that found in the Best Buy bundle. Are these purchasable?
The ZippyPhone is $22.95 + $7.95 s\h for a total of $30.90 which can be had by contacting billing @ phonepower.com or calling 1-888-607-6937. Or you can request the software version (Windows Only) which requires mic\speakers via support @ phonepower.com and is free of charge.
nycityny
Premium Member
join:2005-08-09
New York, NY

nycityny to V0X

Premium Member

to V0X
I just read the instructions for the Zippy and they are interesting. I was wondering...

If I have the Zippy plugged into a computer at the same time my standard ATA is operational and someone calls me will both phones ring? I would intend on having an actual telephone plugged into the Zippy.

And I assume that the computer has to be on for the Zippy to work, right? I mean, no power to the computer equals no power to the Zippy.
34574589 (banned)
join:2009-09-05

2 edits

34574589 (banned)

The Zippyphone does need power so the computer does have to be on just like MagicJack or as I call them MagicCrap, lol. I just did a test, when I call from my cell to my home ATA the zippyphone rings for a spit second, then the ATA continues to ring normally. For me it really does not matter however I could see how it would be preferable to have them ring in sync.
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart

said by 34574589:

I just did a test, when I call from my cell to my home ATA the zippyphone rings for a spit second, then the ATA continues to ring normally.
This works properly here, but I can't think of what might be different. AFAIK the zippy is just another registration and if the ATA is not answered the zippy shouldn't even know it is there. Try capturing the traffic on the zippy PC and see if a CANCEL or other SIP request is causing the ringing to stop. Otherwise, some software or hardware glitch might cause the phone to stop ringing; see if setting it to ring the computer audio behaves any better.