how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

The Gizmo

join:2002-03-12
Pearland, TX

Farewell ISDN!

Well after many many years of ISDN, I found out almost a week ago that AT&T offered U-verse in my area. Being skeptical after all these years I called them and signed up for it to be installed. To my surprise not only was I able to get it, but the fiber node for it is only like 1300 feet away, literally just down the street. Though I could get any of their speeds because of my close distance (24mbps is their maximum offering), the 12mbps was plenty and the best deal. 1.4MBytes/sec is quite a big change from 15KBytes/sec. In case anyone's curious: »www.speedtest.net/result/722052309.png.

Anyways, time to retire my old Cisco 804.

aeblank

join:2004-09-07
Cadillac, MI
So jealous....

Want to sell the 804?
I like to have spares.....

The Gizmo

join:2002-03-12
Pearland, TX
You know I was thinking about it, but I guess it depends on if how much they go for is worth the effort, haven't really checked lately. I don't ever plan on using ISDN again, and if I move, I'll be sure real broadband like I have now is present. So I don't really need it anymore.

If you really want it, I guess we can come up with something.

aeblank

join:2004-09-07
Cadillac, MI
check PM.

decifal

join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to The Gizmo
said by The Gizmo:

You know I was thinking about it, but I guess it depends on if how much they go for is worth the effort, haven't really checked lately. I don't ever plan on using ISDN again, and if I move, I'll be sure real broadband like I have now is present. So I don't really need it anymore.

If you really want it, I guess we can come up with something.
It is these very things that make me laugh at the people that dare say that broadband shouldn't be considered a utility and thous mandated to be deployed.. IF PEOPLE ARE BUYING HOUSES ONLY IN AREAS SERVICED WITH THIS TECHNOLOGY, I FREAKING THINK THAT IS HEAVY SUGGESTION THAT MAYBE SOME PEOPLE ARE FREAKING WRONG!!

Then again, I argue with the F U I got mine bunch alot..

bbwithdrawls

join:2008-08-30
Vanleer, TN

1 edit
I agree and it should be considered a utility and mandated BUT I would say to someone looking to BUY especially in a rural area make sure it is there already and offered , do not believe anyone who says it will be there soon , NOT ATT , not a realtor nor a cable company they ALL LIE

When I built in 2005 it was right during the ATT takeover from bellsouth ,ATT kept telling me DSl will be everywhere in a year , comcast cable would be expanding soon , and ATT will go 3 g soon

none of them have delivered , while ISDN was supposed to be a temporary thing until something else came down 5 years later and still waiting

Do not believe anyone who says it will be here soon , now the big push is LTE , what a Joke

I filed a complaint with the tn regulatory commission , ATT is charging me more than a person with DSL for basic phone service , their response

"we can offer you Wild blue satellite services and U verse is being deployed soon in the south east"

I have ordered and am waiting on a T1 line , when it gets here I will tell ATT phone and bellsouth ISDN to kiss both sides of my ARSE

so yes if your looking to move or relocating make sure broadband is there first , do not believe in coming soon

So I too am looking forward to saying FAREWEll ISDN , for those of you still looking FOR BETTER try 2 ISDN lines bonded or a 3g CARD FROM MILLENICOM if you can get a sprint or verizon signal

billmcc1280

join:2005-01-13
Decatur, TN
Could not agree more with bonding 2 ISDN lines. A marked improvement.

Funny how quickly you can be spoiled though. My wife asked me yesterday why the internet was so slow because I had unplugged one of the BRI's for testing. She is already used to 256 and now thinks that 128 is way to slow. After only 2 weeks lol!

Back to work for me today. And back to 10mb Metro Ethernet.