Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sikki

join:2000-09-19
Smithfield, RI
reply to kim

Re: 2010 Anti Virus Poll

KAV 9.0 but soon to try something else. KAV keeps slowing my Win 7 home premium to a crawl so will be looking for something different.

CajunTek
Insane Cajun
Premium,MVM
join:2003-08-08
Arlington, TX

1 edit

said by Sikki:

KAV 9.0 but soon to try something else. KAV keeps slowing my Win 7 home premium to a crawl so will be looking for something different.
Hmmm haven't had any issues like that here with 9.0.0.736 at all... In fact I uninstalled KAV as a test a few weeks ago and try MSE... It's ok, but I did not find it any lighter. Oh... I did remove MSE and go back to KAV....
--
da Cajun

Darn I hate Malware

DownTheShore
Mr. Putin, meet SEAL Team 6
Premium
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

1 recommendation

reply to kim

Not to derail the thread, just an observation:

Given the level of security knowledge here and the frequency with which people here try different products and new versions just for the sake of trying them to see what works best and for their setup, for those new folks who might view this poll and wonder how good it really is: what you see leading this poll is what the members here have found work the best on the widest variety of setups as of this exact point in time. So if you're looking for the most effective software based upon current real world experience rather than a poll of what came pre-installed with a computer, you cannot go wrong with the top-rated items in this poll.

I already voted for myself and posted about it earlier, but I just want to add 1 vote for Avira, which I put on my stepdad's computer.
--
Patriotism is not waving a flag, it is living the ideals

I want to retire to the Isle of Sodor and ride the trains.

jaynick
lit up
Premium
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI
kudos:2
reply to kim

My vote is for NOD32, using it on 5 machines and great protection and nary a problem.

booger2
Premium
join:2008-10-15

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to kim

I voted for MSE and Avira.

MSE is presently being used on desktop and one laptop.
Avira (free) on another laptop.

Just finished a 3 machine, multi-year license with Kaspersky, which I continue to think highly of.

MSE is a surprise. Very nice, solid.

Nicely executed poll, kim .. thanks!
--
Eagles may soar .. but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Stem Bolt
Aka Smiling Bob
Premium
join:2002-11-08
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2
reply to kim

I'm now using Panda Cloud Pro anti-virus. It's a thin client so it runs light on my machine. Since it's cloud, the signatures are always current. Panda's detection is great according to AV-Comparatives.org.
--
Panda Cloud AV Pro + Online Armor + Router/SPI

Madcap
Baby's on Fire
Premium
join:2004-06-26
Fpo, AP
reply to kim

NOD32 on 2 computers and a laptop. Malwarebytes also runs on this computer as it's the most used computer and all software comes through mine first before I let it on my parents comps.

Hammerhead3

join:2002-05-01
Pizzaland
reply to kim

I much prefer KAV, mainly due to it's very frequent
updates - every hour, I believe. And it has one of the
better detection rates. It's a damn serious piece of
software...

clocks11

join:2002-05-06
reply to kim

Comodo

Madtown
Premium
join:2008-04-26
Madera, CA
reply to kim

I use Avast.

wizard1970

join:2001-11-14
Etobicoke
reply to kim

Avast and Symantec Endpoint Protection on multiple operating systems.
Been using for years without any problems.

Neverender24

@pldt.net
reply to kim

Whooohhh...its good to know Avast leads...LOL...i love the new avast..nice interface, fast speed, and can protect my computer..

been using avast for almost 3 years now..