spc
Search similar:

uniqs

USR56K
join:2000-05-20
Lynnwood, WA

USR56K

unapproved admins of my FAQ

I just got to looking at my FAQ (time for some major updating!) and noticed there are two users who are listed as admins that I've never approved nor know. dbmaven & swintec are the users. Why were they added?

state
stress magnet
Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory

state

Mod

Which FAQ is it? Perhaps it's a subset of a larger FAQ that they manage and the permissions were inherited?

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone

lilhurricane

Numquam oblita

»DC++ FAQ / Direct Connect FAQ

USR56K
Lynnwood, WA

USR56K to state

to state
said by state:

Which FAQ is it? Perhaps it's a subset of a larger FAQ that they manage and the permissions were inherited?
Not possible. I was the only one who started /faq/dc on this site.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

Have you given dbmaven See Profile an IM asking why?

USR56K
Lynnwood, WA

USR56K

No, I haven't yet. I thought only mods could add people to the FAQs, in which case there appears to have been a mess up.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to USR56K

Premium Member

to USR56K
DBMaven (mod of filesharing forum) added me to the Usenet / Newsgroups FAQ several months ago. I am not sure if he needed to add himself to all of them before he could add me or how that back end stuff works. I know I got permission for all of the FAQs for the filesharing forum as a side effect, I just ignore the ones I don't know anything about. Maybe he made an innocent mistake I guess.

USR56K
Lynnwood, WA

USR56K

said by swintec:

Maybe he made an innocent mistake I guess.
sounds like it.

Would a mod please undo the changes and only have myself as he DC++ FAQ admin again? I personally requested eMtee added, but his services are no longer required.

dbmaven
There's no shortage
Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky

dbmaven to USR56K

Mod

to USR56K
I'm one of the the hosts of the forum with which that FAQ is associated. »Filesharing Software

I can't recall having made any changes to that FAQ and am certainly glad that you feel ownership of it and want to maintain it regularly.

I don't see where having "multiple alternates" - consider it an "in case of emergency" situation - is causing any harm or problems.

Perhaps I'm missing something ?
Expand your moderator at work