spc
Search similar:

uniqs
bhimebaugh
join:2009-08-12
Canton, OH

bhimebaugh

VOD (Video on Demand) Not Working Correctly

When I order a movie, the movies starts to play for a couple seconds then goes to the "FINISHED" menu that gives you the "Start Over" menu.

I did a chat session with an AT&T rep and she said that the VOD system is being upgraded and that there are others having this problems. Sort of frustrating.

She canceled the charges for what I tried to rent and said to try again in 3 days.

Jon5
Premium Member
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

said by bhimebaugh:

She canceled the charges for what I tried to rent and said to try again in 3 days.
3 Days? seems like an awfully long time.

apeface
join:2000-09-16
Mckinney, TX

apeface to bhimebaugh

to bhimebaugh
That usually means there was an issue with that particular movie being deployed, like corrupted file or something.

Which movie was it?
bhimebaugh
join:2009-08-12
Canton, OH

bhimebaugh

Well first I tried Star Trek (HD, the most recent Star Trek), then when that failed I tried GI Joe (HD), then she had me try another one (Terminator Salvation) and that failed too. So it seems like more than just a particular corrupt movie.

Oh well, I went out tonight and just bought the dang movies at Best Buy on Blu-ray. About to go watch one of them now.

apeface
join:2000-09-16
Mckinney, TX

apeface to bhimebaugh

to bhimebaugh
Well, the way it is deployed can lead to what I mentioned on multiple vod assets.

I'll see if anything was/is going on when I get to work in the morning.