All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
« Service in Richmond Hill[Outages] out in London »
prev page · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 ... 21 · 22 · 23 · next

TSI Gabe
Premium,VIP
join:2007-01-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:6

1 recommendation

reply to 34764170

Re: IPv6 beta - No longer being offered!?

I've started pushing IPv6 support on our MLPPP routers. (not just the "beta" one) I suspect it will be fully supported sometime within a couple weeks.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

1 recommendation

said by TSI Gabe:

I've started pushing IPv6 support on our MLPPP routers. (not just the "beta" one) I suspect it will be fully supported sometime within a couple weeks.

Thanks for the official reply. Can you comment on the current issue with the TSI authoritative name servers having AAAA records and glue records assigned but the servers or is it load balancers in front not having the addresses configured? I mentioned this to Marc and ns.teksavvy.com was fixed the next day but ns2.teksavvy.com still needs to be fixed.

tcooper

join:2011-08-31
Ajax, ON
reply to TSI Gabe

Re: IPv6 beta

My apologies if this has been asked already but is IPv6 available for TS cable in the GTA?

I'm interested in testing it out on my Dlink 615.

Etobicoke, ON

1 recommendation

said by tcooper:

My apologies if this has been asked already but is IPv6 available for TS cable in the GTA?

I'm interested in testing it out on my Dlink 615.

No, nothing native. Your best option at the moment is a 6in4 tunnel to HE.

brassy

join:2004-01-09
Brantford, ON

1 recommendation

reply to TSI Gabe

somewhat ipv6 question, efnet website says teksavvys efnet server is now ipv6 enabled.. if so, whats the address? irc. or irc.ipv6 dont have any aaaa records.

or maybe just the efnet website is wrong.

Etobicoke, ON

1 recommendation

said by brassy:

or maybe just the efnet website is wrong.

Until the AAAA record is added the website is wrong.

routermonkey

join:2003-06-29
Montreal, QC

1 recommendation

reply to brassy

Try irc6.teksavvy.ca / [2607:f2c0::10]

brassy

join:2004-01-09
Brantford, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

1 recommendation

said by routermonkey:

lol, probably the only domain name I didnt try. Still, they could put it in their motd

thanks

Etobicoke, ON

1 recommendation

said by brassy:

lol, probably the only domain name I didnt try. Still, they could put it in their motd

Or just put the AAAA record for irc.teksavvy.ca as it should be.

Etobicoke, ON

1 edit
reply to routermonkey

said by routermonkey:

Good luck if you can connect. The server config seems to be broken.

anynomous

join:2003-06-25
montreal
reply to TSI Gabe

is ipv6 still available, i would like to try it

SimplePanda

join:2003-09-22
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 recommendation

reply to TSI Gabe

Hi TSI Folks,

First, have to say - have had the native V6 running for a day or so now and i'm quite happy. I did have a few questions and it seems like these questions are floating around in various forms so I wanted to ask them all here in one place:

- When you say you're pushing V6 to the MLPPP routers, does this mean that anyone signing in with an MLPPP (wiredhighspeed.com) username can start receiving V6 there directly?

- Is there any plan to push this back to the @teksavvy.com PPPoE routers as well (perhaps then giving static IPV4 addresses back to V6 users as well?)

- How 'static' are the /56 blocks we've been assigned? When the beta ends are we getting newly assigned ones or do we get to keep these after V6 is in production proper?

- Is there going to be added cost for a /56 (a la the static IP $4) rate once the V6 beta ends and is in production?

- Are there any plans to stabilize the V6 DNS servers? For example, 2607:f2c0::2 isn't responding to either ping or DNS requests right now.

- Any plans to register the V6 DNS servers with Google so that V6 users can get Google services and YouTube over V6? (»www.google.com/intl/en/ipv6/faq.html#request)

- And finally the big one: what's the overall state of the V6 beta? Any idea if it's moving to production proper any time or is this really going to be an ongoing beta as long as V6 is so very much in the minority of traffic?

Thanks again for all your work! Really appreciate it.

WNCS Inc

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Gabe

I'd like to signup for the IPv6 beta if it's still on.
Do we post account or contact related information here, or call the business support line if we're an existing busines client?

micky

join:2011-09-08
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

reply to TSI Gabe

Hi all,

I just thought I'd mention that I have successfully got my DLink DIR-601 working with Teksavvy DSL doing IPv6. I was having some frustration, but I upgraded to the most recent firmware and was able to configure it no problem.

Regards,

M

SimplePanda

join:2003-09-22
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 recommendation

reply to TSI Gabe

Also - to answer one of my earlier questions, the Airport Extreme/Time Capsule base stations -will not- work with TSI IPV6. If you have another router the Airport will accept an IPV6 address from another router and they -will- work as an IPV6 tunnelling host and/or a native IPV6 router when using DHCP - they just don't support IPV6 over PPPoE (at least not as a router).

Hopefully this will be fixed in an update as it they fully support V6 in every other way.

franklyong
Cisco Geek

join:2004-12-05
Canada
kudos:1
reply to TSI Gabe

Sign me up!

routermonkey

join:2003-06-29
Montreal, QC
reply to 34764170

said by 34764170:

said by routermonkey:

I can only connect with an IP(v6) that doesn't have a reverse DNS.

Etobicoke, ON

2 edits

said by routermonkey:

said by 34764170:

said by routermonkey:

I can only connect with an IP(v6) that doesn't have a reverse DNS.

So most likely a misconfiguration. The error I was seeing made no sense and said something to the effect of too many connections from host, even though I had none already.

Etobicoke, ON
reply to 34764170

Re: IPv6 beta - No longer being offered!?

said by 34764170:

Can you comment on the current issue with the TSI authoritative name servers having AAAA records and glue records assigned but the servers or is it load balancers in front not having the addresses configured? I mentioned this to Marc and ns.teksavvy.com was fixed the next day but ns2.teksavvy.com still needs to be fixed.

No reply but I see this was finally fixed. Thanks.

thestealth
Premium
join:2009-11-10
Lasalle, QC
reply to TSI Gabe

Re: IPv6 beta

Has anybody had any success in getting pfsense 2.1 to work with ipv6?

I got my /56 and /64 address from Teksavvy and tried messing around with pfsense to get it to work. But alas I could not get it to work and turn to the community for help.
I have a few questions.
1- Do I set a static ip for the ipv6 address on the wan or allow dhcp?
2- if static, what address do I use on the wan side, the /56 or the /64?
3- Other than setting a firewall rule to allow ipv6 to travel from lan to wan, are there any other settings I need to configure?
4-I'm new to the whole pfsense thing, all I have done so far is install it and configure mlppp pppoe for my wan connection. If you have some sort of guide to get this ipv6 working please post a link.

Thanks

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed

said by thestealth:

Has anybody had any success in getting pfsense 2.1 to work with ipv6?

Using this guide, »doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Using_IPv6_on_2.0, I was able to get a connection on the WAN and was able to access the internet but I was having trouble getting IPv6 working on the LAN.

thestealth
Premium
Lasalle, QC

said by JCohen:

Using this guide, »doc.pfsense.org/index.php

I did find that guide, but it speaks of tunnelling. I was looking more for a native solution.

Reading through the past posts has caused me more confusion than good. I'm not sure where to assign the /64 or /56 addresses (WAN OR LAN).

Etobicoke, ON

said by thestealth:

I did find that guide, but it speaks of tunnelling. I was looking more for a native solution.

Reading through the past posts has caused me more confusion than good. I'm not sure where to assign the /64 or /56 addresses (WAN OR LAN).

You don't have to use the /64 and assign the /56 to your LAN.

thestealth
Premium
Lasalle, QC

In the end I gave up on pfsense and tried the tomato that Gabe posted. At first I tried the 2nd link and that did not work at all. Tried the first build in the post and BINGO worked right away. I then upgraded to the 2nd build and its still working. So thanks for the help. I'll wait until pfsense has more mature ipv6 code.

kragop

join:2006-02-15
Scarborough, ON

1 recommendation

reply to TSI Gabe

Whats the best router to use for IPv6?

I have a D-link DIR-827, it says it supports IPv6, but when I set everything up, it won't work properly.

shwatkin
Premium
join:2007-10-02
Bowmanville, ON

1 recommendation

said by kragop:

Whats the best router to use for IPv6?

I have a D-link DIR-827, it says it supports IPv6, but when I set everything up, it won't work properly.

I too am using the DIR-827 and have noticed that the shipping firmware seems to be broken for native IPv6 setup over DSL. I upgraded from a DIR-655 rev.B1 which did work properly but only with firmware v2.01. However, since the DIR-827 is brand new I'm sure that some future update will fix the native IPv6 support so that it works with the TekSavvy network.

Mersault

join:2007-10-26
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

reply to TSI Gabe

Is IPv6 extended to the MLPPP (wiredhighspeed) logins yet? I've had to move back to my regular login so I could use my /29, but I'd really like to keep IPv6.

TSI Gabe
Premium,VIP
join:2007-01-03
Chatham, ON

It has been extended. I just haven't given the announcement yet.

You can ask for it in the direct forum and you'd be the first customer to give it a try

Mersault

join:2007-10-26
Toronto, ON

Done. Though, MLPPP was working fine on the beta logins.

Etobicoke, ON
reply to 34764170

said by 34764170:

said by brassy:

Or just put the AAAA record for irc.teksavvy.ca as it should be.

I see this was done. Thanks.