share rss forum feed
« Service in Richmond Hill[Outages] out in London »
prev page · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 ... 21 · 22 · 23 · next

hacim1

join:2004-05-04
Chicago, IL
reply to TSI Gabe

Re: IPv6 beta

is the tomato build in the original post the latest, or are there newer ones available?

jam_bongo

join:2002-07-17
Toronto, ON

the latest builds of Toastman's tomato build's support single line MLPPP

bgm

join:2010-11-02
Montreal, QC
reply to TSI Gabe

I was a bit surprised to see my city borough and postcode in my "whois" information for the netblock that was assigned to me. When I e-mailed dnsadmin@, I was told that since it's a beta service, we cannot change any dns/record information.

Does anyone know why the postcode is made public? I only found this old unresolved thread about the issue:
»whois info for Teksavvy IPv6 addresses

In terms of protecting our privacy, this is really not ideal.

Other than that, the service works well!

I configured it on my Debian router at home and wrote a short howto in french:
»www.bidon.ca/fr/random/2012-03-1···e-debian

In short, if you have a router which does IP forwarding, which is the normal way to handle traffic (net.ipv6.conf.all.forwarding=1 in /etc/sysctl.conf), your router will not accept 'route advertisements' (RA). You will have to assign an IP from the /56 to your router, and setup a default route to the ppp0 device. Then configure radvd to distribute IPs to your local network (ex: 2607:f2c0:f00f:aa00::/64, if your block assigned was 2607:f2c0:f00f:aa00::/56, where 2607:f2c0:f00f:aa00::/64 is the first subnetwork you can allocate, from aa00 to aaff ).

Kujo__

join:2002-07-18

1 recommendation

reply to TSI Gabe

To those that have the WRT54GL router, and are looking for a newer tomato firmware that supports Ipv6, I highly recommend the "tomato-K26-1.28.7821MIPSR1-Toastman-ND-MiniIPv6.trx" mod found at »www.4shared.com/dir/v1BuINP3/Toa···lds.html.

It's very stable.

scruffy

join:2007-07-24
Canada
reply to TSI Gabe

*originally posted in Teksavvy Direct, but was told to poste in IPv6 forum for all IPv6 issues*

The PPPOE login I got after posting an IPv6 request in the direct forums only gets a dynamic IPv4 address. Is this normal?

I tried both in Linux and Windows. In Windows, if I leave IPv6 and IPv4 enabled on the PPPOE connection, I get a dynamic IPv4 address, and a link-local (fe80) IPv6 address. If I remove IPv4 from the connection properties, leaving only IPv6, the PPPOE connection fails while authenticating.

I used to be able to connect just fine with this IPv6 login up until I upgraded my account to DSL 12 service and TSI shuffled my logins around (asked me to change logins 2-3 times for my main pppoe account), and my IPv6 login hasn't worked since then.

Personally, unless the connection procedures have changed since then, I believe my IPv6 login was probably messed up by TSI, but they refused to help me in the direct forums, stating I should post about this issue here...

Any help or tips would be appreciated! Thanks!

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

1 edit

said by scruffy:

I tried both in Linux and Windows. In Windows, if I leave IPv6 and IPv4 enabled on the PPPOE connection, I get a dynamic IPv4 address, and a link-local (fe80) IPv6 address. If I remove IPv4 from the connection properties, leaving only IPv6, the PPPOE connection fails while authenticating.

I can't comment on the failure with a IPv6-only setup for PPP. You would need to get some debug logs from your Linux system to see if the connection is reset from TSI's side or from your side.
What you describe for the v4 address and v6 address is expected and how PPP works with IPv6.

scruffy

join:2007-07-24
Canada

1 recommendation

Well, I didn't change anything on my side. The problem only showed up when I upgraded to DSL12 and Teksavvy shuffled my login ID's 2-3 times.

Originally, my IPv6 login was user@hsiservice.net, and my IPv6 IP would get auto-negotiated automatically upon connecting. My IPv4 login w/ static IP was user@dslinternet.ca

When I upgraded to DSL12, Teksavvy told me to use "useratdslinternet.ca@teksavvy.com" to login for PPPoE, however, this was a dynamic IPv4. I called them back to let them know I no longer had my IPv4 static IP. They "fixed" it and said to now login with "user@hsiservice.net" (which used to be my IPv6 login), however, this still didn't have my old static IPv4 address, so I called them back and they finally fixed my IPv4 static IP and told me to login with what was my static IPv4 login originally (user@dslinternet.ca). This fixed my IPv4 static IP problem.

However, since that day, my IPv6 no longer works. Most likely, when they shuffled my login accounts around while trying to fix my static IPv4 issue, they probably removed my IPv6 option/setting from my account. HOWEVER, I can't get anyone to confirm or look into this because I keep getting friggin stonewalled both on the phone and in the Teksavvy Direct forums by reps saying "IPv6 is not supported. Ask in the IPv6 forums."

It's really annoying because it worked seamlessly for months before that, and it's probably just a checkbox they removed somewhere but it seems nobody can be bothered to look.

Mersault

join:2007-10-26
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

Actually, I get the distinct impression that this isn't a checkbox anywhere, which is where the problem is and why this is still a beta. They have the basic technical infrastructure, but I suspect they are still working on the internal toolset to be updated to support IPv6. Right now IPv6 is probably added manually to accounts, which is why it's a bit of a crapshoot depending on who does it. Keep in mind that while the old knowledgable TSI team still exists they're a bit diluted among the number of newer, greener team members they've had to bring on lately.

Growing pains are good pains, in the end, but it does show sometimes.

Daxx

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Gabe

My router has gotten an IPv6 address but its using an address from the /64 address space for it's internet IP as well as it has no DNS server listed. Addresses are not being handed out to the PCs inside my network.

Router is set up to automatic IPv6 (native) mode. Am I doing something wrong here or was my account set up wrong?

mattvmotas
Premium
join:2010-09-04
Amherstburg, ON

The standard for IPv6 is to assign the router interface IP statically.

said by Daxx :

My router has gotten an IPv6 address but its using an address from the /64 address space for it's internet IP as well as it has no DNS server listed. Addresses are not being handed out to the PCs inside my network.

Router is set up to automatic IPv6 (native) mode. Am I doing something wrong here or was my account set up wrong?

--
Matt

Daxx

@teksavvy.com

As much as I'd love to statically set an IPv6 address, that isn't an option. Its automatic or IPv6 tunnel. Also shouldn't the interface take the /56 space?

xero9

join:2001-11-29
Ajax, ON

I'm still by far an IPv6 noob, but if your /56 is 2001:1234:5678:10::/56, you can set a static address for any of your devices within that range.

eg:
2001:1234:5678:10::1/64
2001:1234:5678:10::c0ff:ee/64
etc etc

mattvmotas
Premium
Amherstburg, ON
reply to Daxx

How is setting it statically not an option? If you can get it automatically you can set it yourself. Use the ::1/56 address and then set the inernal hosts to use the RA to stateless autoconfig.

said by Daxx :

As much as I'd love to statically set an IPv6 address, that isn't an option. Its automatic or IPv6 tunnel. Also shouldn't the interface take the /56 space?

--
Matt

rodjames
Premium
join:2010-06-19
Gloucester, ON
reply to TSI Gabe

I got all up and running last night, got IP's on my PC's and I could ping my router ip6 address. I wasn't getting any DNS, nor could I access ipv6.netflix.com or test-ipv6.com

I'll post more updates this evening after I do some honey-do

natka

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Gabe

Is this available in the west yet?

didcrywolf

join:2002-12-03
Mont-Royal, QC
reply to TSI Gabe

Talking about crapshoot...
I called TSI two days ago to get an IPv6 native login and I got one @wiredhighspeed.com
But little else...
On advice on the teksavvy forum, I flashed my Cisco e3000 with DD-WRT v.24 and I enabled IPv6 and Radvd but I have no Idea what to do next.
Obviously the result is less than stellar because when I run Test IPv 6 I get 0/10 because my service is running Teredo.

Should I just revert my E3000 back to Cisco firmware and then try Tomato or are there some steps and information I was not told about that need filling in i.e addresses , scripts etc?

DCW

mattvmotas
Premium
Amherstburg, ON

If you are using Teredo, then Windows is doing it's own thing. You should remove all those extra IPv6 methods from your Windows machine, unless you need them for some other reason. All you need to use the TS IPv6 is native IPv6 support added to your NIC.

You can use netsh from CLI to remove Teredo etc.
--
Matt

didcrywolf

Mont-Royal, QC

Tx Matt fro your response.
I did remove teredo on both a vista ultimate and a 7 machine but the problem remains. I have no NATIVE ipv6 connection...
The person who could REALLY help me HAS SUCCESSFULLY flashed DD-WRT on his router and has native Ipv6 working on TSI dsl ... everything else is not going to help unless I can ascertain that the flashing on my router was worth it or not...

from IPv6 test site:
"No IPv6 address detected [more info]

You appear to be able to browse the IPv4 Internet only. You will not be able to reach IPv6-only sites.

Your DNS server (possibly run by your ISP) appears to have IPv6 Internet access.

Thanks again

DCW

kg77

join:2007-12-24
reply to didcrywolf

said by didcrywolf:

I called TSI two days ago to get an IPv6 native login and I got one @wiredhighspeed.com
But little else...

Unless TekSavvy has changed their setup, I am pretty sure you need to manually assign your IPv6 address on your router. When I signed up for the IPv6 beta TekSavvy also gave me an IPv6 subnet address along with the login.

mattvmotas
Premium
Amherstburg, ON
reply to didcrywolf

Yeah, mine is working with Cisco gear, so I'm not sure on the DD-WRT setup. I have WRT54G running DD-WRT but it is just for wireless AP so no radvd running.

said by didcrywolf:

Tx Matt fro your response.
I did remove teredo on both a vista ultimate and a 7 machine but the problem remains. I have no NATIVE ipv6 connection...
The person who could REALLY help me HAS SUCCESSFULLY flashed DD-WRT on his router and has native Ipv6 working on TSI dsl ... everything else is not going to help unless I can ascertain that the flashing on my router was worth it or not...

from IPv6 test site:
"No IPv6 address detected [more info]

You appear to be able to browse the IPv4 Internet only. You will not be able to reach IPv6-only sites.

Your DNS server (possibly run by your ISP) appears to have IPv6 Internet access.

Thanks again

DCW

--
Matt

Etobicoke, ON
reply to kg77

said by kg77:

Unless TekSavvy has changed their setup, I am pretty sure you need to manually assign your IPv6 address on your router. When I signed up for the IPv6 beta TekSavvy also gave me an IPv6 subnet address along with the login.

Haven't heard anything to the contrary but TSI still doesn't have DHCPv6-PD setup on their end so the setup is still manual.

didcrywolf

Mont-Royal, QC

1 recommendation

said by 34764170:

said by kg77:

Haven't heard anything to the contrary but TSI still doesn't have DHCPv6-PD setup on their end so the setup is still manual.

Well that is why I am upset. Giving someone incomplete info is worse than nothing at all, I am now in limbo waiting for a charitable soul to point me in the right direction...
I called tech support at TSI and I was told ... you are on your own...
How complicated is it to send an email to all beta testers with a set of basic instructions...
Instead I have to BEG...

Etobicoke, ON

1 recommendation

said by didcrywolf:

Well that is why I am upset. Giving someone incomplete info is worse than nothing at all, I am now in limbo waiting for a charitable soul to point me in the right direction...
I called tech support at TSI and I was told ... you are on your own...
How complicated is it to send an email to all beta testers with a set of basic instructions...
Instead I have to BEG...

They could make this all automatic by using DHCPv6-PD and with it integrated with their RADIUS database very easily have both static allocations or dynamic from a pool.

isocat

join:2012-06-03
Toronto, ON
reply to mattvmotas

Hello, I am having a bit of trouble getting my network working with IPv6, and I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.

I am running OpenWRT (Backfire 10.03) on a WRT54GL router.

I am able to ping6 ipv6.google.com from the router, but not from the host:

$ ping6 ipv6.google.com
PING6(56=40+8+8 bytes) 2607:f2c0:a000:xxxx:xxxx:f2ff:fe02:xxxx --> 2001:4860:4008:802::1011
Request timeout for icmp_seq=0
Request timeout for icmp_seq=1
Request timeout for icmp_seq=2

My host gets an IPv6 address, and can ping6 the LL address of the LAN interface on the router.

I am unable to access any IPv6 pages from the host.

This does not seem to be firewall related as opening up the firewall (ip6tables -F) has no effect.

It seems that the router is not passing IPv6 traffic from the LAN to the WAN...?

Config (abridged):

root@DeltaNet:/etc/config# cat /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/forwarding

Network:
config 'interface' 'lan'
option 'type' 'bridge'
option 'ifname' 'eth0.0'
option 'proto' 'static'
option 'ipaddr' '192.168.242.241'
option 'netmask' '255.255.255.240'
option 'ip6addr' '2607:f2c0:a000:xxxx::/64'
option 'mtu' 1452

config 'interface' 'wan'
option 'ifname' 'eth0.1'
option 'proto' 'pppoe'
option 'password' 'xxx'
option 'username' 'xxx@hsiservice.net'
option 'mtu' 1452
option 'ipv6' '1'
option 'ip6addr' '2607:f2c0:f00f:xxxx::/56'

Radvd:
config interface
option interface 'lan'
option AdvSendAdvert 1
option AdvManagedFlag 0
option AdvOtherConfigFlag 0
list client ''
option ignore 0
option AdvLinkMTU 1452

config prefix
option interface 'lan'
option prefix '2607:f2c0:a000:xxxx::/64'
option AdvOnLink 1
option AdvAutonomous 1
option AdvRouterAddr 0
option ignore 0

Running a traceroute to ipv6.google.com from the host returns this:

$ traceroute6 ipv6.google.com
traceroute6 to ipv6.l.google.com (2001:4860:4008:802::1011) from 2607:f2c0:a000:xxxx:xxxx:f2ff:fe02:xxxx, 64 hops max, 12 byte packets
1 2607:f2c0:a000:xxxx:: 0.711 ms !N 0.695 ms !N 0.448 ms !N

And running a traceroute to ipv6.google.com from the router returns this (is this because it isn't traceroute6? And if so, does anyone know how to perform an IPv6 traceroute from OpenWRT?:

traceroute to ipv6.google.com (2001:4860:4008:802::1011), 30 hops max, 38 byte packets
1traceroute: sendto: Invalid argument

And finally, the routing table on the router looks like this:

root@DeltaNet:/etc/config# ip -6 route
2607:f2c0:a000:xxxx::/64 dev br-lan metric 256 mtu 1452 advmss 1392
2607:f2c0:f00f:xxxx::/56 dev pppoe-wan metric 256 mtu 1452 advmss 1392
fe80::/64 dev eth0 metric 256 mtu 1500 advmss 1392
fe80::/64 dev eth0.0 metric 256 mtu 1500 advmss 1392
fe80::/64 dev eth0.1 metric 256 mtu 1452 advmss 1392
fe80::/64 dev br-lan metric 256 mtu 1452 advmss 1392
fe80::/64 dev wl0 metric 256 mtu 1500 advmss 1440
fe80::/64 dev pppoe-wan metric 256 mtu 1452 advmss 1392
fe80::/10 dev pppoe-wan metric 1 mtu 1452 advmss 1392
fe80::/10 dev pppoe-wan metric 256 mtu 1452 advmss 1392
ff00::/8 dev eth0 metric 256 mtu 1500 advmss 1392
ff00::/8 dev eth0.0 metric 256 mtu 1500 advmss 1392
ff00::/8 dev eth0.1 metric 256 mtu 1452 advmss 1392
ff00::/8 dev br-lan metric 256 mtu 1452 advmss 1392
ff00::/8 dev wl0 metric 256 mtu 1500 advmss 1440
ff00::/8 dev pppoe-wan metric 256 mtu 1452 advmss 1392
default via fe80::90:1a00:4243:14a8 dev pppoe-wan metric 1 mtu 1452 advmss 1392
unreachable default dev lo proto none metric -1 error -128 advmss 1392

I'm not exactly a guru when it comes to networking, especially in regards to IPv6, but feel like my problems have something to do with the default route...?

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Just wanted to be thorough. Anyone have any suggestions?

mactalla

join:2008-02-19
kudos:1

What's the default policy on your firewall? (ip6tables -L)

isocat

Toronto, ON

Output of ip6tables -L follows:

root@DeltaNet:/etc/config# ip6tables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination
ACCEPT all anywhere anywhere
syn_flood tcp anywhere anywhere tcp flags:FIN,SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
input_rule all anywhere anywhere
input all anywhere anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP)
forwarding_rule all anywhere anywhere
forward all anywhere anywhere
reject all anywhere anywhere
ACCEPT icmp anywhere anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
output_rule all anywhere anywhere
output all anywhere anywhere

Chain forward (1 references)
zone_lan_forward all anywhere anywhere
zone_wan_forward all anywhere anywhere

Chain forwarding_lan (1 references)

Chain forwarding_rule (1 references)

Chain forwarding_wan (1 references)

Chain input (1 references)
zone_lan all anywhere anywhere
zone_wan all anywhere anywhere

Chain input_lan (1 references)

Chain input_rule (1 references)

Chain input_wan (1 references)

Chain output (1 references)
zone_lan_ACCEPT all anywhere anywhere
zone_wan_ACCEPT all anywhere anywhere

Chain output_rule (1 references)

Chain reject (5 references)
REJECT tcp anywhere anywhere reject-with tcp-reset
REJECT all anywhere anywhere reject-with icmp6-port-unreachable

Chain syn_flood (1 references)
RETURN tcp anywhere anywhere tcp flags:FIN,SYN,RST,ACK/SYN limit: avg 25/sec burst 50
DROP all anywhere anywhere

Chain zone_lan (1 references)
input_lan all anywhere anywhere
zone_lan_ACCEPT all anywhere anywhere

Chain zone_lan_ACCEPT (2 references)

Chain zone_lan_DROP (0 references)

Chain zone_lan_REJECT (1 references)

Chain zone_lan_forward (1 references)
zone_wan_ACCEPT all anywhere anywhere
forwarding_lan all anywhere anywhere
zone_lan_REJECT all anywhere anywhere

Chain zone_wan (1 references)
ACCEPT udp fe80::/10 fe80::/10 udp spt:dhcpv6-server dpt:dhcpv6-client
ACCEPT ipv6-icmp anywhere anywhere ipv6-icmp echo-request limit: avg 1000/sec burst 5
ACCEPT ipv6-icmp anywhere anywhere ipv6-icmp destination-unreachable limit: avg 1000/sec burst 5
ACCEPT ipv6-icmp anywhere anywhere ipv6-icmp packet-too-big limit: avg 1000/sec burst 5
ACCEPT ipv6-icmp anywhere anywhere ipv6-icmp time-exceeded limit: avg 1000/sec burst 5
ACCEPT ipv6-icmp anywhere anywhere ipv6-icmp bad-header limit: avg 1000/sec burst 5
ACCEPT ipv6-icmp anywhere anywhere ipv6-icmp unknown-header-type limit: avg 1000/sec burst 5
ACCEPT ipv6-icmp anywhere anywhere ipv6-icmp router-solicitation limit: avg 1000/sec burst 5
ACCEPT ipv6-icmp anywhere anywhere ipv6-icmp neighbour-solicitation limit: avg 1000/sec burst 5
ACCEPT ipv6-icmp anywhere anywhere
input_wan all anywhere anywhere
zone_wan_REJECT all anywhere anywhere

Chain zone_wan_ACCEPT (2 references)

Chain zone_wan_DROP (0 references)

Chain zone_wan_REJECT (2 references)

Chain zone_wan_forward (1 references)
ACCEPT ipv6-icmp anywhere anywhere ipv6-icmp echo-request limit: avg 1000/sec burst 5
ACCEPT ipv6-icmp anywhere anywhere ipv6-icmp destination-unreachable limit: avg 1000/sec burst 5
ACCEPT ipv6-icmp anywhere anywhere ipv6-icmp packet-too-big limit: avg 1000/sec burst 5
ACCEPT ipv6-icmp anywhere anywhere ipv6-icmp time-exceeded limit: avg 1000/sec burst 5
ACCEPT ipv6-icmp anywhere anywhere ipv6-icmp bad-header limit: avg 1000/sec burst 5
ACCEPT ipv6-icmp anywhere anywhere ipv6-icmp unknown-header-type limit: avg 1000/sec burst 5
forwarding_wan all anywhere anywhere
zone_wan_REJECT all anywhere anywhere
root@DeltaNet:/etc/config#

mactalla

join:2008-02-19
kudos:1

said by isocat:

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP)

Your firewall is dropping by default anything that would need to be forwarded from one interface to another.

Try this: ip6tables -P FORWARD ACCEPT

isocat

Toronto, ON

Thanks for your reply! I have tried your suggestion, but unfortunately there was no change.

Something I forgot to include in the original post was that when I restart my firewall, I get some errors:

root@DeltaNet:/etc/config# /etc/init.d/firewall restart
Loading defaults
ip6tables: No chain/target/match by that name.
Loading synflood protection
Adding custom chains
Loading zones
Loading forwardings
Loading redirects
Loading rules
Loading includes
Loading interfaces
root@DeltaNet:/etc/config#

rpnc

join:2011-06-08
Markham, ON
reply to isocat

isocat,

I am using OpenWRT successfully. However, I'm running version 10.03.1. Version 10.03.1 uses a new integrated IPv4/IPv6 firewall. I was able to add the iputils-traceroute6 package in 10.03.1 to get traceroute6.

I have kept a record of how I configured OpenWRT. I did a lot with the GUI but some had to be done with config files.

In GUI (better with Firefox):
- System > Administration > Router Password
Password: xxxxxxxx
Confirmation: xxxxxxxx
- System > Administration > SSH Access
Interface: lan
Save & Apply.

- Network > Interfaces > WAN > General Setup
Protocol: PPPoE
PAP/CHAP username: xxxxx@hsiservice.net
PAP/CHAP password: xxxxxxxx
Save & Apply.

From PuTTY:
opkg update
opkg install kmod-ipv6 radvd ip kmod-ip6tables ip6tables wide-dhcpv6-server ntpclient iputils-traceroute6
reboot

- Network > DHCP and DNS > Static Leases > Add
Hostname: CanonPrinter
MAC-Address: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
IPv4-Address: 192.168.1.xx
Save & Apply.

- Network > Wifi > radio0 > Device Configuration > General Setup
Enable
- Network > Wifi > radio0 > Interface Configuration > General Setup
ESSID: xxxxxx
- Network > Wifi > Interface Configuration > Wireless Security
Encryption: WPA2-PSK
Key: xxxxxxxx
Save & Apply.

- Network > Firewall > Zones
wan/Input: drop
wan/Forward: drop
Save & Apply.

- Network > Interfaces > WAN > Advanced Settings
Enable IPv6 negotiation on the PPP link: yes
Save & Apply.

- Network > Interfaces > LAN > General Setup
IPv6 address: 2607:f2c0:f0xx:xxxx::1/56
- Network > Interfaces > LAN > Advanced Setup
Override MTU: 1492
Save & Apply.

From PuTTY:
vi /etc/config/network
- under config 'interface' 'wan', add
option 'ip6addr' '2607:f2c0:a0xx:xxxx::1/64'

vi /etc/sysctl.conf
- remove comment # from net.ipv6.conf.all.forwarding=1
reboot

- System > Startup > Initscripts
enable radvd

Note: get MTU by pinging an IPv6 computer on the internet with -l size and finding the max size (1444) and add
- 40 bytes for the IPv6 header
- 4 bytes for the ICMPv6 header
- 4 bytes for the ICMPv6 echo request header
From PuTTY:
vi /etc/config/radvd
- under config interface
option AdvLinkMTU 1492
option AdvOtherConfigFlag 1
option ignore 0
- under config prefix (note that prefix is /64 not /56)
list prefix '2607:f2c0:f0xx:xxxx::/64'
option AdvValidLifetime 14400
option AdvPreferredLifetime 14400
option ignore 0

vi /etc/config/dhcp6s
- change to
option 'enabled' '1'

vi /etc/dhcp6s.conf (new file)
option domain-name-servers 2607:f2c0:f0xx:xxxx::1;

vi /etc/hosts
fe80::xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx xxxxxxx

reboot

- System > Backup / Flash Firmware
Download backup: Generate archive
Done.

Here are some of the resulting configuration files:
root@OpenWrt:/etc/config# cat /etc/config/network

config 'interface' 'loopback'
option 'ifname' 'lo'
option 'proto' 'static'
option 'ipaddr' '127.0.0.1'
option 'netmask' '255.0.0.0'

config 'interface' 'lan'
option 'ifname' 'eth0'
option 'type' 'bridge'
option 'proto' 'static'
option 'ipaddr' '192.168.1.1'
option 'netmask' '255.255.255.0'
option 'ip6addr' '2607:f2c0:f0xx:xxxx::1/56'
option 'mtu' '1492'

config 'interface' 'wan'
option 'ifname' 'eth1'
option '_orig_ifname' 'eth1'
option '_orig_bridge' 'false'
option 'proto' 'pppoe'
option 'password' 'xxxxx'
option 'ipv6' '1'
option 'ip6addr' '2607:f2c0:a0xx:xxxx::1/64'
option 'username' 'xxxxx@hsiservice.net'

config 'switch'
option 'name' 'rtl8366s'
option 'reset' '1'
option 'enable_vlan' '1'

config 'switch_vlan'
option 'device' 'rtl8366s'
option 'vlan' '1'
option 'ports' '0 1 2 3 5'

root@OpenWrt:/etc/config# cat /etc/config/radvd
config interface
option interface 'lan'
option AdvSendAdvert 1
option AdvManagedFlag 0
option AdvLinkMTU 1492
option AdvOtherConfigFlag 1
list client ''
option ignore 0

config prefix
option interface 'lan'
# If not specified, a non-link-local prefix of the interface is used
list prefix '2607:f2c0:f0xx:xxxx::/64'
option AdvOnLink 1
option AdvAutonomous 1
option AdvRouterAddr 0
option AdvValidLifetime 14400
option AdvPreferredLifetime 14400
option ignore 0

config route
option interface 'lan'
list prefix ''
option ignore 1

config rdnss
option interface 'lan'
# If not specified, the link-local address of the interface is used
list addr ''
option ignore 1

config dnssl
option interface 'lan'
list suffix ''
option ignore 1

root@OpenWrt:/etc# cat /etc/dhcp6s.conf
option domain-name-servers 2607:f2c0:f0xx:xxxx::1;

isocat

Toronto, ON

Thanks very much, rpnc! :)

I also have 10.03.1 (r29592). Are you using bcrm-2.4 or brcm47xx? For some reason I am unable to add traceroute6:

root@DeltaNet:/etc# opkg update
Downloading »downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/1···kages.gz.
Inflating »downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/1···kages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/packages.
root@DeltaNet:/etc# opkg install iputils-traceroute6
Unknown package 'iputils-traceroute6'.
Collected errors:
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package iputils-traceroute6.

Thanks very kindly for your detailed post, I will go through it and see if I can figure out where I went wrong.