Re: IPv6 beta

I would be interested in testing this out also

Thanks

mactalla

join:2008-02-19
kudos:1
reply to TSI Gabe

said by TSI Gabe:

We now have an IPv6 block routed to vancouver but the problem is that we need to upgrade the OS on one of the routers to properly support IPv6 over ppp. (requires downtime). No ETA for that yet.
Any ETA on an ETA?

TSI Gabe
Premium,VIP
join:2007-01-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:7

we are still waiting on patches from Juniper. They should be released soon but doesn't necessarily mean that we will be able to upgrade right away.

mactalla

join:2008-02-19
kudos:1

I didn't realize your hardware needed something different out this way. Let us know when there's an update. Myself and I'm sure a few others are ready to beta test as soon as it comes

dtsang

join:2003-08-16
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Gabe

Click for full size
Screen under System Preferences
So I have my new IPv6 /64 address but I'm not sure what to put in the 'Router' box (also known as 'Gateway'). I've tried various combinations but nothing seems to work so far in terms of accessing IPv6-only websites.

Running Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

Any help would be appreciated!

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

Im having the same problem under OS X, the login connects but the IP displays nothing, and I cannot surf any websites at all.
--
GOLF LEAFS GOLF!

Kevinck

join:2008-12-18
Waterloo, ON
reply to TSI Gabe

I'm no expert yet so forgive the uninformed question.

Will your beta ipv6 test work with a dd-wrt router as long as it's one of the ipv6 enabled dd-wrt versions?

Or are you currently only working with your own custom tomato firmware for that one router?

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

said by Kevinck:

Will your beta ipv6 test work with a dd-wrt router as long as it's one of the ipv6 enabled dd-wrt versions?

Or are you currently only working with your own custom tomato firmware for that one router?
The particular router does not matter. Just as long as it supports IPv6 and IPv6CP with its PPP implementation.

Guru

join:2008-10-01
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 edit
reply to HiVolt

I'm running 2link on IPV6 using this Tomato firmware. Everything is running fine except the torrents. My connection is not throttled but my torrents are only downloading with 1 link. The reason I can tell it's using 1 link only is because when I download torrents I usually download at 1.3mb/s but with this firmware on IPV6 the max its downloading is at 550kb/s. Torrents I download are seeded fully. Is anyone facing this problem? or can someone check??

Etobicoke, ON

said by Guru:

I'm running 2link on IPV6 using this Tomato firmware. Everything is running fine except the torrents. My connection is not throttled but my torrents are only downloading with 1 link. The reason I can tell it's using 1 link only is because when I download torrents I usually download at 1.3mb/s but with this firmware on IPV6 the max its downloading is at 550kb/s. Torrents I download are seeded fully. Is anyone facing this problem? or can someone check??
It was mentioned in another thread that there is an issue with IPv6 and MLPPP on Juniper gear not working together properly. My guess is the issue you're experiencing is probably relate to the issue mentioned. If that is the case it should be fixed by an upcoming OS update from Juniper.

TemporalFlux
Premium
join:2003-08-07
Ont, Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Gabe

Now that the IPv6 DNS is up and running I am using them instead of the HE DNS server. Is it possible to get the TS IPv6 DNS servers set-up with Google so the IPv6 addresses are returned to us instead of the IPv4 addresses for youtube, gmail, google search etc...?

Ardy

join:2009-08-25
Windsor, ON
reply to TSI Gabe

I've just updated the firmware on my WRT54GL and I am unable to find the "Router IPv6 Address" field under "Basic -> Network".

Ardy

join:2009-08-25
Windsor, ON

Oops, I didn't use the version you attached to this thread, I used the one from the "official" website.

mofoburrell

join:2010-04-14
reply to TemporalFlux

I agree it would be awesome for TekSavvy to sign up with Google so we can start getting YouTube, etc., over IPv6. If we could get that and reverse DNS as well, this IPv6 provision would be pretty much perfect as far as I'm concerned.

FYI if anyone's getting this going under OpenWRT (I'm running Kamikaze), the biggest time waster for me was forgetting to add "+ipv6" to /etc/ppp/options, which was preventing me from getting an IPv6 link on ppp0. Other than that, everything's been a peach.

DavidT
She turned me into a newt

join:2006-09-01
Oakville, ON

1 edit
reply to TSI Gabe

Anyone having difficulty with IPv6?

My router doesn't seem to be pulling in an IPv6 address today.

Edit: Aaaannnnndddd... Murphy's Law, it starts working as soon as I post this.

Ares45
Premium
join:2007-11-14
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Gabe

Any further updates to this? I seem to recall reading that a software update on the Juniper gear last week was going to enable IPv6 and MLPPP, but I may be wrong.

JGROCKY
Premium
join:2005-05-19
Chatham, ON

Don't believe Juniper got that patch done yet.

Etobicoke, ON
reply to Ares45

said by Ares45:

Any further updates to this? I seem to recall reading that a software update on the Juniper gear last week was going to enable IPv6 and MLPPP, but I may be wrong.
Marc said MLPPP should be working with the IPv6 realm and I'm now able to establish an MLPPP session ever since the JunOS image was updated.

JGROCKY
Premium
join:2005-05-19
Chatham, ON

Yeah... spoke with Marc and some stuff might work but isn't tested or fully implemented.

zadigre

join:2006-10-02
Montreal, QC
reply to TSI Gabe

will we be able to use our static IPv4 address with an IPv6 connection soon?

IPv6 was working fine on my side... but I had to go back to my "old" username/password to get my static ip address...

TSI Gabe
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Alright, maybe I'll try to dedicate a little more time on the Tomato firmware this week now that Juniper released the patch and that we installed it.

zadigre

join:2006-10-02
Montreal, QC

does this mean that IPv6 is now available on all connections? If yes, can I use the IPv6 settings that you gave me with my "standard" mlppp login?

TSI Gabe
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

no it's not available yet under all connections.

brassy

join:2004-01-09
Brantford, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

4 edits

you guys change the ipv6 routing? seems to go to llnw.net and then die. cant reach anything on the he.net ipv6 side (like other tunnels, their irc server, etc)

4 hops max, 12 byte packets
2 2607:f2c0:1:2110::2 49.015 ms 49.164 ms 48.524 ms
3 2607:f4e8:2260::1 48.014 ms 48.853 ms 48.541 ms
4 tge5-3.fr3.yyz.ipv6.llnw.net 65.504 ms 59.229 ms 65.111 ms

then it dies

although ipv6.google.com still works.

I take it he.net is having problems or llnw.net -> he.net is having problems or something

edit: everything fixed now, but llnw is now gone from the ipv6 traceroutes

addp009
Premium
join:2003-03-08
Kitchener, ON

2 edits
reply to TSI Gabe

I just enabled ppp multilink again on my end, and still having problem reaching a bunch of v6 sites, including »ipv6.he.net/statistics/ and »www.noc.maine.edu/speedtest.net/. I'm not too sure if it's something on my end like an mtu issue, or not. Everything works fine without mlppp though.

What did the Juniper patch addressed, Gabe?

TSI Gabe
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

The juniper patch addressed issues with using ipv6 combined with mlppp but I haven't had the chance to test them myself yet.

tprince

join:2008-06-26
Edmonton, AB
reply to TSI Gabe

Is it possible to have our static IPv6 attached to an IPv6 account. Without this, it makes it difficult for me to test.

gzfelix

join:2010-01-18
reply to TSI Gabe

Got IPv6 working on my old Cisco 837 router. Very simple configuration. I only need to add ipv6 addrs to the interfaces and enable nd. Then it just works.

juggie

join:2007-04-25
Nepean, ON
reply to TSI Gabe

Is there any chance you will extend the ipv6 beta to the cable modem side of things?

Etobicoke, ON

said by juggie:

Is there any chance you will extend the ipv6 beta to the cable modem side of things?
It was already mentioned a few times that that is not possible at the moment.