share rss forum feed
« A bit lateTurnabout... »
This is a sub-selection from a Lie

djhexer

join:2002-10-07
Reno, NV
reply to hottboiinnc

Re: a Lie

Your missing the main point. Prices will not lower and service will not get better. Right now as it is you pay the same as someone who dwnloads 5 tb when these meters are in place you still pay the same and getthe same service. All this is doing is retarding growth and upgrades and keeping mney in charters pocket.

If I'm wrong please explain how it would save you money??

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
said by djhexer:

Your missing the main point. Prices will not lower and service will not get better. Right now as it is you pay the same as someone who dwnloads 5 tb when these meters are in place you still pay the same and getthe same service. All this is doing is retarding growth and upgrades and keeping mney in charters pocket.

If I'm wrong please explain how it would save you money??
Annnnnnnd.. this big giant evil corporation that's in bankruptcy has tons of money in their pockets, right?

It still costs to move data.. do you not understand that? They still have to be able to try to get their customers up to advertised speeds, do they not? If you have people using 5tb of data in a month, which they really don't, but if they have people way over saturating above typical residential use in any given area, do they not have to spend money to correct a single node so that one or two users don't impact the other 200 or 300?

Think about it...

All this chasing around of abusers costs money. That's not money that is taken into account for your monthly service - this is an expense on the operator's part. If that expense starts to get out of hand, where do you think they are going to go to get it? .... you, the subscriber.

Rates you pay each month are for the service and normal budget operation costs.. The network was designed for an implied use. if that implied use is not being met by some customers, anything over and beyond that is considered additional expense which will get passed on to the rest of the subscriber base in rate hikes. It's simple business 101.

This is pretty much the same as why they now change you a fee to call in and talk to a rep to make a bill payment. Collecting payments has always been a thing of "mail it in".. they don't staff people to take payments. They now have websites that don't cost human resources to operate like call centers. So, since they see a huge spike in people calling in to take payments, that takes time away from the rep to help customer trouble calls, answer billing related problems, OR!!! .. .sell additional services to grow their revenue.

It's not a dig at you.. it's just an explanation.. a valid one.

zed2608
Premium
join:2007-09-30
Cleveland, TN
kudos:1
charters not in bankruptcy any more and they actuly made a little profit last month 13 mill not much but beats losing 60 or so mill

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
While it may be true.. the fact is that most people's minds forget anything beyond yesterday... the company did go through bankruptcy.. they had no profits... the OP, and many others, sit here thinking that Charter has "all this money" and are just greedy... the fact is, they've been one of the hardest hit... and 13 million.. they can blow through that in no time at all.. but yea, it's better than losing money.