spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Flibbetigibb
@lmco.com

Flibbetigibb

Anon

A bit late

I canceled my Charter service as soon as they announced the "soft caps.," and I'll be staying away so long as they even hint at a future of metered billing (the retention rep who turned off my account tried the "every ISP is going to be doing this" line on me at the time).

Using the language of Charter's PR flacks, "I have no plans to pay Charter any money in the future."
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2

Premium Member

Re: A bit late

Like it or not.. ALL residential ISPs have soft caps.. even the phone companies.

Flibbetigibb
@lmco.com

Flibbetigibb

Anon

And the next one that tries to enforce it will find out that being "The Phone Company" doesn't mean squat in the 21st Century. You old-line guys never seem to learn that the customers are in charge these days... so we're just going to have to teach you. Again.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2

Premium Member

said by Flibbetigibb :

And the next one that tries to enforce it will find out that being "The Phone Company" doesn't mean squat in the 21st Century. You old-line guys never seem to learn that the customers are in charge these days... so we're just going to have to teach you. Again.
"you old-line guys" huh? Wow.. thanks! So, how do you get that I'm an "old line guys" out of my post?

Let's see... for one, I have NO bell product in my home.. for two, I have pure voip service in my home.. Vonage, CDV, and Magic Jack.. and further, I have, for the most part minus fax and a business line, have switched PURELY to cell service for everything else.

But I'm an "old-line guy"..

And, if the customer is so in charge these days, as you say, then how come BBR even exists as a site? Seems to me that you're pretty much wrong.. if the customer was 100% in charge, prices would be lower... would they not? If the customer was in charge, there would be no caps, would there not? If the customer was in charge, there would be ala cart TV choices, would there not be?

So please.. teach me more.. I need more learning from anon people like you..

The fact is that you are not in charge... anytime someone tries to clamp down on providers, the providers will simply turn another direction and take charge again. In this kind of economic and political society, there is ALWAYS going to be two sides.. NO one is "in charge" 100%.. but in today's world, it still seems that the consumer is at about 30% control at best.

The MAIN reason I can tell you that you're sooooo misguided is the very fact that it's VERY clear that the consumer can't live with out these "evil corporations".. can they? The ONLY way a consumer is in charge is if they can turn off their products and walk away - sending the BEST and ONLY CLEAR MESSAGE to them that they're in charge.. the fact remains that they aren't.. and even if a small, and VERY small handful of people do so, there are FAR too many people that won't walk away and do with out.. And, in the balance of the consumer themselves... people who have your view and opinion that you're in charge.. well, many other consumers won't support you either.. that's why they continue to subscribe to services and pay the bills...

How you feeling all alone out if left field?

I don't care for MANY of the policies out there right now myself.. but the bottom line is that THE CONSUMER, in a collective group, WON'T DO ANYTHING and DOESN'T CARE! They DON'T SUPPORT YOUR VIEW! .. and never will...

So I'm sorry to say, but you're very very very misguided.. I will say, that if you're willing to take steps and not turn over your dollars to them, then you're doing what's best for you.. but you and the small group of people who feel the way you do, are NOT in control.. not sure where you're getting that idea from, but I'd love to hear it..

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

1 edit

cork1958 to Flibbetigibb

Premium Member

to Flibbetigibb
said by Flibbetigibb :

I canceled my Charter service as soon as they announced the "soft caps.," and I'll be staying away so long as they even hint at a future of metered billing (the retention rep who turned off my account tried the "every ISP is going to be doing this" line on me at the time).

Using the language of Charter's PR flacks, "I have no plans to pay Charter any money in the future."
I didn't cancel as soon as they announced it, but very shortly afterwards, I did. Had been with Charter for 9+ years!

Verizon was finally able to give me the speed they kept sending those advertisements about, so saw the perfect time to jump ship. Got faster AND cheaper service and no caps, without even trying.