dslreports logo
site
 
    All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer




how-to block ads


Search Topic:
uniqs
9
share rss forum feed
« A bit lateTurnabout... »
This is a sub-selection from a Lie


88615298
Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to hottboiinnc

Re: a Lie

said by hottboiinnc:

if all this could save me $$$$ down the road i'm all for it...why should i have to pay for someone else's 5T downloads worth of data a month? Make them pay for it, not me!
You're not going to save money. Charter isn't going to LOWER prices. If only 5% of their customers are going over the cap are you seriously suggesting they will lower the price for the other 95%? HA!

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
So.. that one customer that pays about $40 a month for internet goes way over their implied soft limits, and it causes service performance issues for another 200 to 300 people who also pay for that service.. use it fairly and in accordance to the TOS/AUP.. those customers call in and use CSR resources which generate technical visits to the home.. and then they ultimately loose customers becuase those who are also paying $40 a month are fed up with sub-par performance DUE to the abusers.. and then the operator has to spend thousands to split a node to save the other customers... um, yea, I can see how that 1 person's $40 bill for HSI service is justifying the head ache an operator has in keeping up with that 5%..

Prices aren't going to go lower unless you earn that.. which is done in bundling. Costs go up.. why would they go down? Upgrades are usually always ongoing and the cost to maintain also don't go down. Even if your service remains the same, your price won't go down. The industry and technology is evolving pretty quickly and the price/cost to keep up or even maintain will also rise.. so why would it really go down? .. not at this point and time at least.


mmainprize

join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI
Reviews:
·Charter

1 edit
said by fiberguy:

So.. that one customer that pays about $40 a month for internet goes way over their implied soft limits, and it causes service performance issues for another 200 to 300 people who also pay for that service.. use it fairly and in accordance to the TOS/AUP.. those customers call in and use CSR resources which generate technical visits to the home.. and then they ultimately loose customers becuase those who are also paying $40 a month are fed up with sub-par performance DUE to the abusers.. and then the operator has to spend thousands to split a node to save the other customers... um, yea, I can see how that 1 person's $40 bill for HSI service is justifying the head ache an operator has in keeping up with that 5%..

Prices aren't going to go lower unless you earn that.. which is done in bundling. Costs go up.. why would they go down? Upgrades are usually always ongoing and the cost to maintain also don't go down. Even if your service remains the same, your price won't go down. The industry and technology is evolving pretty quickly and the price/cost to keep up or even maintain will also rise.. so why would it really go down? .. not at this point and time at least.
When did it become my problem that ISP's sell me and 200 to 300 others a 20 meg service and then say oh but don't use it or it won't work for others as we all have to share it.

The fact that you can buy a 20meg service from a node that could only support say 2 to 16 people at that speed full time is not a problem in your eyes.

When did they start handing out time slices for each user so we don't use it at the same time as other use there internet connection.

The point the OP is making if it is to be metered billing then it should be fair metered billing. Those that don't use much should pay less not the same. Those that use more should pay more but not be racked over the coals and get fined and be told not to use it.