spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Steve91104

@myvzw.com

Speakeasy Service Broken after switch to Covad

I've had Speakeasy DSL for years with no problems. Last week I got a notification email that they were "changing carriers" this week. The tech support advised me, I might have to reset my modem sometime today or tomorrow after the switch. I came home from work today to find I have NO SERVICE at all. Reset my modem and router, but nothing is working. They did not tell me there would be an OUTAGE! I've now been on hold for over an hour waiting for Speakeasy tech support. Still no internet service (I am using my cell phone to post this email).

Not good Speakeasy!! Not good at all!!

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

Probably a glitch that was not expected- sometimes switch overs do not go smoothly - likely an issue between the carriers and not directly a issue with SE.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

bhan261

join:2001-02-12
New York, NY
reply to Steve91104

Who was the CLEC before Covad? I thought Speakeasy used Covad everywhere...that's who handles my SE circuit and always has.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

on their wbesite they sa they use SBC and VZ as well. But all of the dryline services i know for a fact come from COVAD. And they always say "covad" when you talk to them about getting service.
--
www.twopugsbrand.com Kosher, Vegan, and Organic Certified Dog and Cat treats/foods and other products!

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

I would bet SBC and VZ are used for their business lines - especially VOIP.

Covad could be strictly for residential service.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

Tanster

join:2006-07-08
New York, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Speakeasy

2 edits

That isn't the case for New York City. I have clients who have Speakeasy Business ADSL2 at commercial addresses in New York City and the CLEC used is Covad. I also have a residential Speakeasy Home Office ADSL2 and the CLEC is also Covad. Verizon is, of course, the ILEC. FYI.

SterlingJ85

join:2000-11-19
Atco, NJ

Same here, my old company in the Empire State Building used a Speakeasy ADSL2 10/1 circuit for backup, and it was Covad as well.
--
-Sterling