Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Nsane_iceman
Premium
join:2001-02-26
North Richland Hills, TX

Supreme Court

"...the Supreme Court refused to hear the case, granting Cablevision the green light to deploy the service."

So if the Supreme Court doesn't want to review the case, the "defendant", Cablevision in this case, gets the green light?

That's interesting... Good for Cablevision and maybe the customers.
--
Avatar by: dandelion | Disarm you with a smile. | Tell me, tell me what you're after. I just want to get there faster.

ksuderman

join:2001-10-21
Poughkeepsie, NY

1 recommendation

Yes. The case was to prevent CableVision from rolling out the service. Since the Supreme Court won't hear the case there is nothing (legal) preventing CV from starting the roll out.
--
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

viperlmw
Premium
join:2005-01-25

1 recommendation

reply to Nsane_iceman
said by Nsane_icemanCa :

So if the Supreme Court doesn't want to review the case, the "defendant", Cablevision in this case, gets the green light?
~snip~
When the Supreme Court refuses to review, the latest judgment/ruling from the previous court (typically an appellate court) then stands and takes effect. In this case, Cablevision had won it's last round, so that's the ruling that takes effect.

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
reply to Nsane_iceman
The case was heard by other courts... you just can't file with the supreme court.. that's just the last step in other courts on the ladder.

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
reply to viperlmw
you beat me to it..

NOCMan
MadMacHatter
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Colorado Springs, CO
reply to Nsane_iceman
I doubt it will be good for customers. I'd rather see a thriving 3rd party market for dvr's. Cable companies could sell them like cellphones.