All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
« How About Latency?And »
This is a sub-selection from Well this is dumb...

L Supreme
Premium
join:2004-06-05
Lowell, MA
reply to b10010011

Re: Well this is dumb...

said by b10010011:

Because one of the advantages to having the DVR located in the home it it still works when the cable is out.

Talk about putting all your eggs in one basket... TV, internt, phone, and now your DVR all dependent on that one cable connection to work.

Not me...
But don't most provders end up putting all their eggs in one basket in someway?

Can you go online, text or talk to someone if your cell phone provider's network is down?

b10010011
Whats a Posting tag?

join:2004-09-07
Bellingham, WA
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
said by L Supreme:

said by b10010011:

Because one of the advantages to having the DVR located in the home it it still works when the cable is out.

Talk about putting all your eggs in one basket... TV, internt, phone, and now your DVR all dependent on that one cable connection to work.

Not me...
But don't most provders end up putting all their eggs in one basket in someway?

Can you go online, text or talk to someone if your cell phone provider's network is down?
I don't get internet from my cell-provider or text, and I still have a land line because cellphones have proven useless in the past when local emergencies have occurred.

viperlmw
Premium
join:2005-01-25
reply to L Supreme
Here's an interesting one. With DirecTV, you can record to you're box via Download on Demand, which is done via internet connection, not via satellite. So you can still record/watch if you have dish problems. However, I will say that, other than rain fade for 1-2 minutes twice over the last year, I have not had an outage.