spc
Search similar:

uniqs

vv
@charter.com

vv

Anon

[NH] Fire levels entire block at Hampton Beach, NH

HAMPTON BEACH, N.H. -- Firefighters battled a five-alarm fire that destroyed much of a block of Hampton Beach, overnight Friday.

Crews were called to the Surf Hotel just before midnight. When they arrived, they found that heavy winds had blown the roof off the building and flames were spreading to surrounding buildings Read more

AP Video of the fire

capecoddah
join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA

capecoddah

I've stayed 1 block north of where the fire was a couple times. I've dropped a few quarters in the arcade that burned down.
I'll see if I can dig up some pix. It's right across the street from the New Hampshire Marine Memorial.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

Dominokat to vv

Premium Member

to vv
I've read and watched this on the news. I feel for everyone that lost property from the fire.

I've been through two divesting fires in my life. One was my families restaurant being gutted but able to be rebuilt, and the other was my sisters house burned to the ground with nothing salvaged.

Hampton is a very beautiful area. Hopefully, by the time the summer season gets going, these businesses will be able to open again. It is probably like Boothbay, in which a whole years income is made in a few summer months.

My best to them all.

capecoddah
join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA

capecoddah to vv

to vv
WHAT? You mean to tell me people get a year's living in 6 months?

:serious: I saw a woman on the news that had a gift shop there. She stopped her insurance and had just received her goods for the 2010 season. DAMN...

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

1 edit

Dominokat

Premium Member

said by capecoddah:

WHAT? You mean to tell me people get a year's living in 6 months?

Well, my NEW year round job hasn't gone as planned. Business sucks and I've all but been cut. They are giving me 1, MAYBE 2 nights a week.
So basically, I am back on unemployment again.

Days after I started this last job, another restaurant called asking for me. It is open 11 months. Plus I will be on salary, so I will get the same check amount and KNOW what I will get.

Edit add: It is very much like my prior place, Lobstermans Wharf. Very busy, but a great staff too.

I am moving there in two weeks.