uniqs
m1k_3
join:2007-09-25

1 edit

m1k_3 to Rand2k1

to Rand2k1

Re: IPv6 Testers

said by Rand2k1:

so that sort worked.... oddly enough I noticed the /0, thought huh... thats odd and carried on like it was normal.

Anyways, Windows now tells me I have ipv6 internet connectivity, but I can't actually do anything, no ping, nothing.

DNS resolves though.
I had the same problem after correcting the subnet mask that daboom pointed out. I had to add the following route to get everything to work:

ip -6 route add 2000::/3 dev ppp0
daboom
Premium Member
join:2001-12-16
Oshawa, ON

daboom

Premium Member

Sometimes a disable and reable of the adaptor will work or a reboot or adding the route command might help.
Rand2k1
join:2003-12-09
Canada

Rand2k1 to m1k_3

to m1k_3
That did it, Thanks man.

Also, its quite amusing to pull up whatismyipv6.net on my desktop and laptop and see different addresses for some reason .
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

said by Rand2k1:

Also, its quite amusing to pull up whatismyipv6.net on my desktop and laptop and see different addresses for some reason .
some reason? that is exactly what should be happening.
Rand2k1
join:2003-12-09
Canada
·EBOX

Rand2k1

said by 34764170:

said by Rand2k1:

some reason? that is exactly what should be happening.
I meant it's amusing for some reason, not that its different for some reason.

I know its supposed to be unique for every device, I just find it oddly amusing.
and yes, my "stuff" is up to date...
This is good . And refering to it as stuff was quicker than suggesting you make sure browsers, the OS etc. is up to date.

Have you tried that site on other browsers? or are you just using Safari?

I'd be curious to see if its a bug with Safari or webkit.