djcrazy
Premium Member
join:2009-08-05
Minneapolis, MN

1 recommendation

djcrazy

Premium Member

Usage meter

I got the email on the 17th of February that said its deployed here in the Twin Cities MN market.

Dear Comcast High-Speed Internet Customer,

We are pleased to announce the pilot launch of the Comcast Usage Meter in your area. This new feature is available to Comcast High-Speed Internet customers and provides an easy way to check total monthly household high-speed Internet data usage at any time. Monthly data usage is the amount of data, such as images, movies, photos, videos, and other files that customers send, receive, download or upload each month. Comcast measures total data usage and does not monitor specific customer activities to determine data usage.

The current data usage allowance for the Comcast High-Speed Internet service is 250GB per month. This means that the vast majority of our customers – around 99% currently – will not come close to using 250GB of data in a month, and do not need to check the usage meter.

To view your current data usage, please visit »customer.comcast.com and sign in to customerCentral (shown below).

After signing in, click on the "User & Settings" tab and click again on "View details" under "My devices". The usage meter shows the current calendar month's data usage for your account starting on the 1st of the month. Over time, you will be able to see the previous three months' data usage as shown in the sample image below.

The usage meter is only available to Primary user accounts and Unrestricted Secondary user accounts with billing access.

If you would like to learn more about the usage meter and how it works, please visit »networkmanagement.comcas ··· eter.htm for more information. Please visit our customer support forums at »forums.comcast.net if you would like to ask us more questions or post comments. You can also click here to chat with a customer service representative, or call 1-800-COMCAST for assistance.

Thank you for choosing Comcast!

I go login to see it and low and behold, it's NOT there!

u475700
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

u475700

Premium Member

Some feature! More Comcast doublespeak as a prelude to metered usage.