slk2k
Harsh Light Of Truth

join:2002-12-05
Aurora, IL

1 edit

Cisco DPC3000 Update - very different!

Click for full size
DPC-3000
Wow - I just checked my rented cable modem and see that Comcast updated the modem bigtime! Gone is the sophomoric screen, replaced with a very slick, see it all on one screen interface.

I would like to know what the login/passwd is because I believe there is more information to see (logs, what the provisioned file is, etc), but I've tried a few things (including no login/passwd) without success. Does anyone know what it might be?

I also see that now they list 4 upstream channels, with only 1 currently being used. I am on the Ultra Tier (although it's testing very well - maybe I've been bumped to 30/7?) and it's been very quiet here. I think the updates came down to me Friday (2/26) morning (2-4am) because according to my pfsense logs, I had several long outages in that interval. Perhaps I am getting "prepped" for multi-channel bonded upsteam someday?

Edit - update pic to remove SN and MAC also, it looks like Cox got this update a few weeks ago.

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

Well in a way im happy i have the 6120 just for this reason. Because right now i am having issues with my service with cox at times, and my modem log is full of error entrys. But now everyone with the dpc3000 can only see the signal levels, which beats the point in being able to troubleshoot internet issues. Because not all issues have something to do with your signal levels.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10

1 edit
reply to slk2k

What did the old interface look like?

Ultra 22/5 is "30/7 with PowerBoost"

The DPC3000 is capable of bonding 4 Upstream channels, but presently Comcast is only 1 channel for Upstream.
--
Write me up a 125.......I Can't Drive 55 »redrocker.com/ »cabowabo.com/

RavenZ7
Premium
join:2003-11-21
Tomball, TX

I only have the log tab of the old interface...

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10

From the screen shot, it looks like you had more info available in those tabs I see.

MRCUR

join:2007-03-09
Columbia, PA

said by Johkal:

From the screen shot, it looks like you had more info available in those tabs I see.
I wonder if those tabs would come back in the new GUI after logging in (first option).

slk2k
Harsh Light Of Truth

Aurora, IL

The old screen used to have the provisioned file information in the status tab I believe. Now, I don't see it. Love to know what else is available when one logs in.

RavenZ7
Premium
join:2003-11-21
Tomball, TX

Just curious have you tried to login using admin/w2402

slk2k
Harsh Light Of Truth

Aurora, IL

Not until you mentioned it, but it didn't work ....

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

said by slk2k:

Not until you mentioned it, but it didn't work ....
Well your not going to be able to login to that modem, only a tech or higher from comcast will be able to login. I wouldn't be surprised if that password changed daily.

slk2k
Harsh Light Of Truth

Aurora, IL

I don't know if they had deployed a multi-tier passwd system (base login for more detailed data and a real administrator loginwd for actual administration). Odd that an actual login would show up on the LAN side of a modem. I always thought the network provider could do most anything with the modem from the WAN side ....

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
reply to slk2k

Layout reminds me of a Linksys router / switch interface but with much nicer graphics. Pretty slick, but you can't even see what frequencies your on or any type of logs.