All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jcouncilman
join:2010-03-01

jcouncilman

What's up in Pinellas County?

Knology is getting to be almost unknown here. We now have Brighthouse kicking up speeds to 40 Megs and FIOS with about the same (if not more). We are still paying Knology the same as the others for much less speed. Seems that Pinellas County should be on the list for DOCSIS 3.0 first and foremost.

I really like Knology (especially their super-stable phone offering), but the Internet side of the house is really starting to lack.

To me, I don't really care much about insane speeds. I only use a VPN to get to work, surf/publish to the web, and watch Hulu/Youtube. Knology is fine for that. Connection has always been stable.

I'm just concerned that everyone will soon jump ship for another company since they can get about 4 times the speed for the same price elsewhere.

Any ideas?

marcusm88
join:2009-06-29
Augusta, GA

marcusm88

Knology hasn't naming markets before they launch on DOCSIS 3.0, but this is what we know...

Huntsville market already launched.

DOCSIS 3.0 Launches for 2010:
March - 2 Markets
April - 1 Market (delayed due to equipment availability)
2 More Markets in late 2nd quarter or 3rd Quarter

Also if you see the the thread: »Updated Knology Maintenence Schedule

I believe I saw a few Maintenance postings about for Pinellas County, this may be an indication that knology is about to launch DOCSIS 3.0

If you want to find out more, you could give them a call and tell them you're "considering switching, because your connection is just too slow compared to the other providers." If DOCSIS 3.0 launch is in the near future, they may share the details, but you may have to call a few times to get someone that will tell you anything.

If you find out anything please post it back here.