This is a sub-selection from Solution in search of a problem
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4 to Bobcat79

to Bobcat79

Re: Solution in search of a problem

WHY? Because most likely CV has a plan for this. Maybe their own cell phone company? or plans? While near an Access Point you can get free unlimited calls on the network. You're not going to get that from TM, ATT, or Sprint. This would also not be roaming. It would just switch between networks.

And as the other person said. MAYBE IT'S NOT FOR YOU!
Bobcat79
Premium Member
join:2001-02-04

1 edit

Bobcat79

Premium Member

said by hottboiinnc4:

WHY? Because most likely CV has a plan for this. Maybe their own cell phone company?
I wonder if it will be as successful as their satellite TV company. How many millions did they blow on that?
said by hottboiinnc4:

While near an Access Point you can get free unlimited calls on the network.
They don't even have any access points in my entire town. But Verizon Wireless' Network Operations Center is across the street. I'm in range of 3 cell sites.
hottboiinnc4
ME
Cleveland, OH

1 edit

hottboiinnc4

that NOC is only prolly for your area. Most of their operations is based in Ohio. Especially Customer Service, Billing and Tech Support, for both Wireless and Wireline (which shall be interesting to see VZ move their support center from Ohio to another state- if they do).
Bobcat79
Premium Member

Bobcat79

Premium Member

said by hottboiinnc4:

that NOC is only prolly for your area.
No, it's their primary NOC for their entire network. It's on Washington Valley Road in Bedminster, NJ. The backup site is in Texas. Their corporate headquarters used to be in the same building, but they moved a few miles up the road.

»aboutus.vzw.com/bestnetw ··· cts.html
hottboiinnc4
ME
Cleveland, OH

1 edit

hottboiinnc4

And their main customer support centers (VZ and VZW) are based in Ohio. The page says only where they monitor the cell sites at. Their massive Centers could be located else where and they would. Any company that size will NEVER tell you where they're NOCs are at. And only having 2 of them? I don't think so. Esepcially for a network of that size.
Bobcat79
Premium Member

2 edits

Bobcat79

Premium Member

Their NOC is in Bedminster. They've never hid that, and they've published photos on their web site. I know people who work there.

And you want to know where AT&T's NOC is? It's also in Bedminster (on the other side of 287). That's no secret. They've shown it in TV commercials. You've probably even seen it, with the 30 or so flatscreen TVs on the wall. My mother got a tour of the place when she was an AT&T employee.

SSidlov
Other Things On My Mind
Premium Member
join:2000-03-03
Pompton Lakes, NJ

SSidlov to Bobcat79

Premium Member

to Bobcat79
said by Bobcat79:

wonder if it will be as successful as their satellite TV company. How many millions did they blow on that?
Bobcat you continue to be uninformed. CV's investors (and many customers) continue to be negative about new deployments of tech that are to their benefit in the long term. The people on CV complain all the time about compression and artifacts on HD. CV's satellite was for ALL HD transmission but the cost and the noise and perhaps lacking a partnership with someone else cause them to sell it off. The CV satellite and the tech that it deployed made it possible for DISH to be alive today and offering all the HD channels they do in better quality and with less compression. It was too advanced at the time, but no one could afford to deploy one now.

I wish you would stop trolling the CV forums. We all know you don't like them and I'm not even sure you have service from them anymore. Do you complain about all the fees and extra charges on your dsl account?
Bobcat79
Premium Member

1 edit

Bobcat79

Premium Member

There are ZERO extra fees and charges with my Verizon DSL service. None. No taxes. No fees. Just the regular monthly rate (which is 29% cheaper than Cablevision).

I'd still be a Cablevision customer if they hadn't raised the price by 50%!

SSidlov
Other Things On My Mind
Premium Member
Pompton Lakes, NJ

SSidlov

Premium Member

talk apples to apples.

CV has not raised their OOL rates at all in 6 years.

Verizon has constantly changed pricing, and never lowered prices when they offered a better deal to any grandfathered customer without them asking for it.

Verizon as a telco is subject to additional fees and taxes that cable companies are not subject to. This may change in the future, but it's not now.

SO WHAT F*ing internet cost went up 50%? OH, you're not talking about that, you're talking about your TELEVISION. PUT UP A 100" ANTENNAE and get it for FREE FOREVER -- it's no one's fault that you live in the woods. A very nice section of woods, but far far away from major television transmitters. They just don't want to give it to you for free and they legally made everyone in the Bronx get a box, so why not you?
Bobcat79
Premium Member

Bobcat79

Premium Member

Wow, look at this coverage map. Verizon Wireless' map is SOLID RED.

SSidlov
Other Things On My Mind
Premium Member
Pompton Lakes, NJ

SSidlov

Premium Member

said by Bobcat79:

Wow, look at this coverage map. Verizon Wireless' map is SOLID RED.
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD IT"S NOT THE EQUIVALENT SERVICE AND IT COSTS NOTHING EXTRA TO COMCAST AND OOL CUSTOMERS.
« T-Mobile?
This is a sub-selection from Solution in search of a problem