uniqs
share rss forum feed

w0g
o.O

join:2001-08-30
Springfield, OR

2 edits

fast shared webhosting -

I've tried out Yahoo! and 1and1 - and both severely limit upload (Yahoo! FTP upload @ 2GB storage: 25kB/sec) and/or download bandwidth (1and1 download: 100kB/sec). What are some other shared hosts with good pricing, yet don't cap upload or download speed? I don't mind a monthly transfer cap, space wise I'm looking for at least 20GB+. My site isn't much but I like to be able to host images for forums and such, and I host exclusive ATI Mobility driver releases that are about 100-300MB with about 150 hits per day. 10 bucks a month is fine with me, I'd consider paying $20-$25 if it were a VPS.
--
www.aimless.us - irc.aimless.us channel #fix

MatthewAlan

join:2007-09-01
Jackson, TN

»www.surpasshosting.com/

I download at 400kB/s(maxing out my internet) and upload at 50-60kB/s(again maxing out).

»www.lunarpages.com/ - I was on for awhile and never got "capped" at a kB/s.

ViviTheMage
vivi
Premium
join:2002-10-28
Minneapolis, MN
reply to w0g

We do not cap our web hosting servers...well, it's capped at 100mb .

luma
Premium
join:2004-08-17
Port Coquitlam, BC
reply to w0g

I get great speed from my VPS with Vivithemage. He also has great support.

I also get decent speed with Surpass but from my location Surpass seems to go about 400-600KB/s per transfer, but I can do multiple transfers at the same time.

ViviTheMage
vivi
Premium
Minneapolis, MN
reply to w0g

Luma, thank you for the good words !

Chiyo
Save Me Konata-Chan
Premium
join:2003-02-20
Charlotte, NC
kudos:1
reply to w0g

+1 what luma said I'm also with Vivi and the speeds are rock solid doing speed tests from my server I max out and I can max out my upload and download as well on my home connection.

btw I have a VPS
--
That was the wild boar.... Moo!
My podcast: The Banzai Beat »www.banzaibeat.com

ViviTheMage
vivi
Premium
Minneapolis, MN
reply to w0g

Luckily home connections don't saturate our 100mb link at the data center .. yet!

Singular
Premium
join:2008-08-13
Shelbyville, KY
kudos:2

said by ViviTheMage:

Luckily home connections don't saturate our 100mb link at the data center .. yet!
Its only a matter of time, lol.
--
-Singular
»www.techwebhosting.com

ViviTheMage
vivi
Premium
Minneapolis, MN
reply to w0g

I've saturated it before, but that was server - server, haha! Even my 50mb line at home doesn't saturate it..I cap at 6MB/s on downloads.
--
»vivicalhosting.com - Reliable, and very affordable web hosting, VPS, and Dedicated solutions.