spc
Search similar:

uniqs
whyamihere
join:2008-10-01
Tyler, TX

whyamihere

How to get *67 to work w/ PAP2-T ?

Been using the PAP2T couple yrs w/ Future Nine. Recently read the admin guide on * codes. Can't seem to get (for instance) *67 to work for per blocking my outbound CID.

Not sure I'm even entering it correctly- tried several approaches. My # always displays. Being a secret agent, that's a problem.:D

If I enter the code(s) by themselves, nothing happens (no dial tone - no change of any kind). If enter code before the 10 digit #, call doesn't go thru.

Manual also calls these "vertical codes" that can be stacked w/ a "|" symbol. No idea what that's about - doesn't explain.

Using Pansonic KX TGA101S cordless.

Thanks.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

Sometimes the feature codes will not work if they are unsupported by the VoIP company you are using.

Although F9's website seems to say they are supported:

»www.future-nine.com/faq/ ··· &lang=en

See also:

»[Equipment] Vertical Service Activation Code wiki?

And DO make sure you have Vertical Service Codes "enabled" on your adapter.

ArgMeMatey
join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI

ArgMeMatey to whyamihere

to whyamihere
said by whyamihere:

Manual also calls these "vertical codes" that can be stacked w/ a "|" symbol. No idea what that's about - doesn't explain.

I have the old SPA-3000 but if you can do dial plans with the PAP2T also, I think they are referring to the dial plan syntax.

I have to have "*xx." in the dial plan in order to send VSACs via any particular gateway.

And for my PSTN line, I have to specify "(xx.|*xx|*xx.)" in Dial Plan 1 under PSTN Line.

Confusing? I recommend you check out the forums on Voxilla. I was using the workaround of prepending "11" to VSACs instead of "*" until somebody there gave me a clue about the PSTN Line Dial Plan settings. I am not sure if you could use the same workaround; I was using a PSTN switch POTS line, and I don't know if the VoIP providers allow that substitution.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to whyamihere

Premium Member

to whyamihere
Another point:

Go into the PAP2T settings, Advanced/Admin view, and go to the Line 1 or Line 2 page as appropriate.

Scroll down to Supplementary Service Subscription.

Go to "Block CID Serv" and put YES.

This is essential for the *67 function to be enabled.

You may also need to do other things, but this step is essential.
whyamihere
Tyler, TX

whyamihere

First things 1st. For those that the codes work on VOIP, how exactly do you enter them (like per call blocking), and what indication do you get after entering them? Do you just add in front of # to dial, or enter code & then get a new dial tone (like old POTS)?

Are you sure that putting Yes on "block CID service" won't block it ALL the time? In Admin manual, Supplem Serv Settings says Block CID setting blocks CID on / off for ALL calls.

In my dialing plan, there is "*xx" at the beginning, w/ whole slew of other #s & x's.

I don't see an option for "vertical service codes enabled". The codes are listed, but nothing (elsewhere) says they're enabled.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
Hutt River

1 recommendation

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

said by whyamihere:

Are you sure that putting Yes on "block CID service" won't block it ALL the time? In Admin manual, Supplem Serv Settings says Block CID setting blocks CID on / off for ALL calls.
Block CID Serv and Block CID Setting are two separate things!

Block CID Serv enables the availability of *67 as an option.

Whereas, Block CID Setting applies to ALL calls.

------------------------------------------
said by whyamihere:

I don't see an option for "vertical service codes enabled". The codes are listed, but nothing (elsewhere) says they're enabled.
Right. What needs to be enabled is Block CID Serv as above.

------------------------------------------

AFAIK to use *67 with a provider who supports it, has nothing to do with the dial plan.

You dial it at the beginning of the sequence, and BTW you will not get two separate dial tones as you would with POTS.

ArgMeMatey
join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI

ArgMeMatey to whyamihere

to whyamihere
said by whyamihere:

In my dialing plan, there is "*xx" at the beginning, w/ whole slew of other #s & x's.

1. I think you need both *xx and *xx. Note the dot after the second *xx. I am rusty but I think one means "just *xx" and the other means "*xx plus more digits behind it". The syntax is pretty rough for me, reminds me of trying to program ASN.

2. I am guessing those codes are listed in the table so the ATA knows which star codes to translate into SIP commands to pass to the far end. They are not sent inband to your provider as they would be on the PSTN POTS phone.
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart to whyamihere

to whyamihere
In SIP land, there are two schemes for per-call CID blocking. One is to prepend *67 to the SIP URI. This method is used by Phone Power and Teleblend, among others. It does not work with Future-Nine; sending such a URI results in a 404 error, which causes most devices to play a reorder tone (fast busy signal). The other scheme sends "Anonymous" in the Display Name field of the From header. This is the SIP standard and is used by F9 and most other providers. Some support both methods and a few support neither; in the latter case you don't have per-call CID blocking.

To use the standard method with F9, put *67 (or whatever you want to use) in Block CID Per Call Act Code. Remove this code, if present, from the Feature Dial Services Codes list. Now, when you dial *67, you should immediately hear another dial tone. Then, dial the destination number normally. If it doesn't work as expected, use SIP Debug to see whether Anonymous is being sent for the display name.

To use the URI prepend method, include *67 (or whatever your provider uses) in the Feature Dial Services Codes list. Make sure that this code does not conflict with any Vertical Service Activation Codes. Now, when you dial *67, you should immediately hear the Feature Invocation Tone. Then, dial the destination number normally. If it doesn't work as expected, use SIP Debug to see whether *67 is being prepended to the SIP URI.

Note that if you have different providers on lines 1 and 2 who use different methods for per-call CID blocking, you will have to choose something other than *67 for the Block CID Per Call Act Code and remember to use the correct code for each line.
whyamihere
Tyler, TX

whyamihere

Thanks! Finally got it to block / unblock my # (read below).
However, my name never shows up when CID is unblocked - only the #.

Is a name entered in Display Name under Subscriber Information on line 1, but may have nothing to do w/ name being sent w/ CID.

BTW, where are you getting the finer details of these settings? the Admin Manual I was able to get for PAP2T gives very little info.

ArgMeMatey,
1. I think you need both *xx and *xx. Note the dot after the second *xx. I am rusty but I think one means "just *xx" and the other means "*xx plus more digits behind it".
No, my dialing sting only has one set of "*xx"

reply to whyamihere
The other scheme sends "Anonymous" in the Display Name field of the From header. This is the SIP standard and is used by F9 and most other providers. Some support both methods and a few support neither; in the latter case you don't have per-call CID blocking.
To use the standard method with F9, put *67 (or whatever you want to use) in Block CID Per Call Act Code.
[NOTE: Default settings in my PAP2T were:
Block CID act code: *67
Block CID per call act code: *81 ]
Remove this code, if present, from the Feature Dial Services Codes list.
The solution was pitifully simple (and stupid of me). With a cordless phone, you have to FIRST press Talk to get a dial tone.
Then enter the code (like *81). There is a slight "blip" in the dial tone, but it continues after entering code. That's why I asked, "Exactly how do you enter the codes?"

In MY case w/ F9 & PAP2T, having the * code(s) in the Feature Dial Services codes list DIDN'T matter. After getting the dial tone before entering code, the call blocking worked w/ or w/o the code in the Feature dial services list (on F9).