spc
Search similar:

uniqs
sicknydizzy
join:2010-03-04
Palmer, MA

sicknydizzy

Comcast Error 7

I have not had on demand for 2 weeks and I get error 7 on screen when I try. Comcast says it cant be fixed and just sit and wait for it to take care of itself. Does anyone have any idea what the heck error 7 is?

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech

Premium Member

Are you in a Motorola system?
sicknydizzy
join:2010-03-04
Palmer, MA

sicknydizzy

yes its a motorola box. But I have 2 boxes in the house and the other is not motorola. Same on screen error for both
slrebel
join:2009-10-02
Sandy, UT

slrebel to sicknydizzy

to sicknydizzy
Error 7 is displayed when there is a problem with a weak or degraded signal going into the STB which is often caused by a loose/faulty connection going from the wall jack to the back of the STB. Don't assume that even though the fittings are screwed on tight that there is nothing wrong with the connection. The coax cable can work itself loose from the fitting. If Error 7 is displayed on all STB's then the degraded signal is more than likely coming into the home and will require a technician.

Try this: turn the STB off, then unplug the power cord. Unhook the coax cable from the back of the STB as well as the wall jack, then inspect the coax & make sure there are no kinks or damage. Verify that the fitting is not loose on the cable, then check the center conductor which looks like a metal pin at each end of the coax cable; it should not be bent nor have anything touching it. Push the center conductor into the small hole in the wall jack as far as it will go, then screw the fitting on tight and wiggle the part of the coax that is attached to the fitting to make sure everything is secure. Follow the same procedure on the STB, first verify that you are connecting the coax to the Cable In/RF In jack. Plug in the power cord, then turn on the STB. Usually in about 5 minutes On Demand will be available to access.
This technique is pretty effective in correcting this error.

heat84
DSLR Influencer
join:2004-03-11
Delray Beach, FL

heat84 to sicknydizzy

to sicknydizzy
said by sicknydizzy:

But I have 2 boxes in the house and the other is not motorola. Same on screen error for both
In different rooms I assume? Which would mean slrebel's suggestion wouldn't apply. If so than the problem is at the main splitter or before that. Bring a box into another room that currently doesn't have one and and set it up there and see what happens. Otherwise, it looks like you need a tech visit.