Premium Member
join:2001-02-04

1 edit

Bobcat79 to SSidlov

Premium Member

to SSidlov

Re: Solution in search of a problem

said by SSidlov:

They can only deploy WIFI where they have existing cable.
They haven't done that, and they never will. But my Verizon cell phone works everywhere.

SSidlov
Other Things On My Mind
Premium Member
join:2000-03-03
Pompton Lakes, NJ

SSidlov

Premium Member

THEY DO.

THEY HAVE.

THEY DON"T PUT IT IN THE WOODS.

THEY PUT IT AT BUS STOPS, and TRAIN STATIONS.
THEY PUT IT ON 'MAIN STREET" and ALONG MAJOR BUS ROUTES
THEY PUT IT IN PARKS WITH VIEWING STANDS

BUT they only put it where they have existing SILVER boxes where they meet the above criteria. They are not deploying extra silver boxes without good reason or just for WiFi.

Morristown has pretty good coverage. Somerset has coverage.
Bobcat79
Premium Member

3 edits

Bobcat79

Premium Member

And only where there are above ground utilities. Buried utilities means no CV WiFi.

We have 10 units per acre, shopping centers, a recreation center, pools, tennis courts, and a park, but no CV WiFi.

Now if I lived in a train station, I guess CV's WiFi would be available.

SSidlov
Other Things On My Mind
Premium Member
join:2000-03-03
Pompton Lakes, NJ

2 edits

SSidlov

Premium Member

Yeah, you're right also not where they have BURIED cable. Too bad., but everyone there has NIMBY about antennas anyway.

They are not replacing your WIRED services from them. They are not putting wifi in residential neighborhoods so you can get your neighbor to give you a ool email address to log in with and not pay. Most residential service is accidental to what they intend to deploy.

GO OUT and take a look for the silver boxes. ARE they at the shopping center you mention? Are there any at or near the pool? I bet not. That's why.

BUT MAYBE it's all a conspiracy against you and your ranting all the time, so they decided to NOT put ANY where you live - though I doubt that this is true.

In my town they put it all along main street, the HS and Middle school. The bus route in town is covered and the HS Football field (not at the HS) is also partially covered since the field/stands are at the FAR end of the park. We have 7K houses in a couple sq miles.
SSidlov

SSidlov to Bobcat79

Premium Member

to Bobcat79
Not in Montague NJ near High Point. Thank god you don't live there....
Bobcat79
Premium Member

Bobcat79 to SSidlov

Premium Member

to SSidlov
I'm just saying I don't see the point of a CV WiFi TELEPHONE since cell phones can get coverage everywhere in CV's territory. CV's WiFi TELEPHONE is pointless.

Maccawolf
Premium Member
join:2001-02-20
Hillsdale, NJ

Maccawolf

Premium Member

Yeah, well SOME of us don't feel like paying for the rape that is AT&T data, so if OOL is giving me wi-fi access for free. (included in my monthly service), I'm all for it.

PERSONALLY, I only use it rarely, so I really don't care, but I think it's nice that they are doing it. I know there are MANY who use it on a regular basis. Just that I'm not one of them.
Bobcat79
Premium Member

Bobcat79

Premium Member

No one is currently using CV's WiFi for telephone service, which is the topic of this discussion.
« T-Mobile?
This is a sub-selection from Solution in search of a problem