uniqs

cableties
Premium Member
join:2005-01-27

1 recommendation

cableties

Premium Member

Jump the economy Stupid!

I was thinking, out loud. And it made some sense.

If you provide bandwidth to places that don't have it, it will spur growth.

Looking beyond infrastructure (like repair, maintenance, power req), you create jobs. I would move in a heartbeat to some rural land I own if only 20+Mbps speeds were available.

Honestly, the communications companies in this country are doing nothing to help the economy for the rest of us. Only their pockets and those that lobby for them.

They've created this "tower of babble" ...
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

said by cableties:

Looking beyond infrastructure (like repair, maintenance, power req), you create jobs.
Create jobs or relocate them? Assuming you currently have a job, what job will be created by you moving to your rural property?
Skippy25
join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Skippy25

So your assumption is that when people move they always take their jobs with them?
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

said by Skippy25:

So your assumption is that when people move they always take their jobs with them?
Nope. But if cableties See Profile is willing to move to an existing property if it has availability of 20+ Mbps access to the Internet, I assume that s/he either works from home or will move if a job is available. Jobs don't just magically get created because people want to move.

BTW, I'm not disputing that sufficient communications capabilities in specific locations can't be a boon for local economies and in turn spur regional job growth. What I will debate is whether sufficient communications availability in certain regions actually creates jobs, or merely provides a potential to relocate jobs from other higher cost locales.