openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2
reply to cableties

Re: Jump the economy Stupid!

said by cableties:

Looking beyond infrastructure (like repair, maintenance, power req), you create jobs.
Create jobs or relocate them? Assuming you currently have a job, what job will be created by you moving to your rural property?

Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO
So your assumption is that when people move they always take their jobs with them?

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2
said by Skippy25:

So your assumption is that when people move they always take their jobs with them?
Nope. But if cableties See Profile is willing to move to an existing property if it has availability of 20+ Mbps access to the Internet, I assume that s/he either works from home or will move if a job is available. Jobs don't just magically get created because people want to move.

BTW, I'm not disputing that sufficient communications capabilities in specific locations can't be a boon for local economies and in turn spur regional job growth. What I will debate is whether sufficient communications availability in certain regions actually creates jobs, or merely provides a potential to relocate jobs from other higher cost locales.