uniqs
share rss forum feed

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02
kudos:42
reply to FFH5

Re: He has no plan for competition

One person familiar with the plan tells me they believe there will be a new $1 fee (or more) levied on each broadband connection. I'll give you one guess where the majority of that money is going to go. AT&T and Verizon have been lobbying to "reform" the USF for five years, but their version of "reform" involves more money going to them, less money going to small carriers, and the same level of FCC accountability in tracking money expenditures we've grown used to...

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
said by Karl Bode:

One person familiar with the plan tells me they believe there will be a new $1 fee (or more) levied on each broadband connection. I'll give you one guess where the majority of that money is going to go. AT&T and Verizon have been lobbying to "reform" the USF for five years, but their version of "reform" involves more money going to them, less money going to small carriers, and the same level of FCC accountability in tracking money expenditures we've grown used to...
Seems we agree once again.

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA
reply to Karl Bode
Of course it does....we shouldn't be shocked that the major corporations are running this train

They have for some time now and will continue in the future