Premium
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

1 recommendation

What I would like to see

Rather than incessantly complain about any and every proposal that comes up about this, can you offer your own comprehensive plan on how to cure the problem? The two requirements I have are:

1. Must not involve federal government takeover of ISP industry or the creation of a new bureaucracy
2. Must not involve declaring broadband a universal human right
--
"Don't steal. The government hates competition."
Beyond AM. Beyond FM. XM

SSidlov
Other Things On My Mind
Premium
join:2000-03-03
Pompton Lakes, NJ

said by BillRoland:

1. Must not involve federal government takeover of ISP industry or the creation of a new bureaucracy
For this, you already have what you describe. You're a free marketer subject to the whims of industry and what they think is 'good enough' and that is what you got. Are you happy?

The US will shortly, in your and my lifetime become a truly second class society as our ability to 'do what is needed' to be done,' such as prepare for the next 3 generations is totally eroded by the inability to take action, fear of politics and out of control litigation.

Our cities are crumbling; the base infrastructure is often more than 100 years old. Our highway systems and bridges are rotting away and we have no money to fix them, and we don't want to make them all toll roads for anyone but truckers. We can't build power plants anymore close to demand. We can't build power transport systems due to costs. We can't even build cell towers or other services due to NIMBY and the cost of litigation. We can't protect watersheds because that limits the rights of land owners. We can't protect our water supply anymore thanks to the Supreme Court being a bit too literal and heartless.

The list goes on forever. We say we don't want to impoverish our children or children's children, but we are condemning them to be followers, a society that will not be able to move goods or have a high quality of life without being millionaires.

The USA needs a Marshall Plan for US! It needs companies who can say, 'time and materials plus 10%' not the 18-30% the stock market people say.

And please don't take any medicare, medicaid or social security benefits during your lifetime, I wouldn't want the bad government agencies to have to put you to death or keep you partially housed or fed. You should be impoverished when you have medical services.
--
»www.Warpstock.org

XBL2009
------

join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL
reply to BillRoland

said by BillRoland:

Rather than incessantly complain about any and every proposal that comes up about this, can you offer your own comprehensive plan on how to cure the problem? The two requirements I have are:

How about a new federal law that prohibits att, verizon and comcast from blocking towns that want to wire themselves?

I'm sick of these big companies blocking fiber deployment in small towns because they see it as a threat.
--
Capitalism is competition, if you don't have competition then you don't have capitalism.

Rush Limbaugh is the cliff clavin of the republican party.