spc
uniqs

psujim
join:2007-10-10
Reading, PA

psujim to motorola870

to motorola870

Re: central PA world of more updates

Got my "We're enhancing our network" brochure today in the mail here in Reading, showing first cuts as scheduled on or around March 30 and the 2nd on or around April 27

Cut 1:
AMC
Animal Planet
Bravo
E!
EWTN
Food
Hallmark
HGTV
Lifetime
MSNBC
PCN
ShopNBC
Syfy
TLC
Travel
TNT
TruTV
Weather
Versus

2nd:
A&E
ABCFamily
BET
CNBC
CNN
HLN
Comedy
Comcast SportsNet
Disney
Discovery
Discovery Health
ESPN
ESPN2
Fox News
Galavision
Golf
HSN
Nickelodeon
Speed
Spike
TBS
USA
VH1

Pullo9
join:2009-06-18
Reading, PA

1 edit

Pullo9

Finally something good in the mail

Click for full size
Click for full size
Some channels missing from the list like FX,TV Land and MTV

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA

cypherstream

MVM

Ok so after the first round, assuming 3:1 Compression rates, there will be room for 57 new HD channels. That's just after ROUND 1.

This is great. I can't wait. Now that the end is in sight, there's no better time to be a Comcast customer!

J Jefferson3
@comcast.net

J Jefferson3

Anon

I did a Quick Reference Scan to see if they match up, and the Channels listed match exactly were they should be, so Comcast dd not make any mistakes on that part, however i counted the numbers of Channels being removed from the Expanded basic and i added the 19 + 23 = 42 and on that side they came up a little short, even Comcast can not track every Expanded Basic Channel on Every system unlike yours truly here!!!!

Maybe these Channels may move to Limited Basic, but I think they just forgot about them!!! The So Called Forgotten Channels are!!!

Analog 39 FX
Analog 41 TV Land
Analog 49 M TV
Analog 54 Cartoon Network

p.s for all the Remaining Central PA zones that still had PCN in Analog, it will be removed on March 16, 2010 and be placed on Digital Channel 186, and this list was made before that announcement became public, so Reading could possibly lose that channel prior to March 30, 2010 and lose it on the 16th, but it's mostly just a technically since it is just 2 weeks difference!!!! So it Really does not matter in Reading, but does affect the others areas!!!!
LeftyJR
join:2008-02-19
Avis, PA

LeftyJR

Will this open up some space for us SA/Cisco people?