spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Tombs
@virginmedia.com

Tombs

Anon

VM Broadband weird?

Hi all, first post so go easy on me! Ive got a very odd situation going on with my 50mb Virgin Broadband service. Everything since I had the service upgraded last year has been running smoothly until yesterday at 4.30pm ish when I had a power cut, in fact the power cut was a big one as it knocked out around 4000 homes according to LEB in the Sutton area. Once the power was up and running again I noticed that I couldnt connect to the internet, did all the tests the helpline would ask you to do i.e. power down both modem and router and reboot but still no joy. Spoke to VM help desk who informed my SNR was borderline and that there were 50 odd modems in the area with the same problem, and he could see that there had been around 180 modems out earlier in the day roughly the same time when the power cut happened. He informed me that engineers were working on the SNR problem and to check back today (which i have done and they are still working on it). The chap also asked me to connect the modem directly to a pc or mac, which I did and I got a connection. What I cant understand is how would the SNR issue not enable me to connect to the internet through my router but I can directly through my modem? Not only that, when I connect via an ethernet cable my imac, games pc and laptop I'm reaching download speeds of over 50mbs!! (last test reported 50.08bs). I thought it may be the router having blown something when the power cut out but I have a spare router (the one that came with VM 50mb service) and I still have the same problem with that. Sorry for the long post! Any ideas?
Anon
Anon

Anon

Anon

Give them a call, they are pretty good to deal with. Most of them are foreign based call centres but they are very good and they know what they are saying.
g6phf
join:2002-11-05
la14yw

g6phf to Tombs

to Tombs
How did you go on? I went out to a customer recently who had some problems. Turned out their wireless router had lost it's settings.
Also had to do the usual power cycle of the cable modem and router.

Did you get back and running ok?