spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

alan47

join:2009-10-07

FIOS TV Bookmarking

Can someone a) point out where in FIOS TV documentation there's a good explanation of bookmarking (what is, how to), or b) explain it in a subsequent post.

Thanks

JPL
Premium
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA
kudos:4
I don't know where it is in the documentation, but bookmarking refers to video on demand. You can bookmark a VOD title for future viewing, either through the VOD selection itself (bring up a title, and you can select to bookmark it) or through their fios tv central website (www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral).

alan47

Does this mean bookmarking allows me to have a VOD item available later than a 24 hour period?

Also, if I bookmark an episode on, say, The Wire on HBO on Demand which is available only through say 10 March, is it available to me on 12 March?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
said by alan47:

Does this mean bookmarking allows me to have a VOD item available later than a 24 hour period?
Nope.

Also, if I bookmark an episode on, say, The Wire on HBO on Demand which is available only through say 10 March, is it available to me on 12 March?
Nope.

alan47

So is bookmarking equivalent to having a Recently Viewed item and just selecting RESUME PLAY?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
That and you can bookmark items you haven't watched yet but might want to later.

Rattler

join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA

1 edit
Actually, bookmarks remain listed until you remove them, even if the VOD selection is no longer available (this applies to the non-cost VOD entries - I don't know what happens with the VOD movies that you have to pay for). In that sense, they are like the 24 hour "Recently Viewed" list on steroids.

I've left bookmarks for a couple weeks and was still able to access them provided the VOD titles hadn't been removed. If that happens, as soon as you highlight the bookmark entry, an error message pops up saying he bookmark has expired and hitting "OK" automatically nukes it from the list.

There are now a few on my list that have been there for several days. One was "Coraline" but its run was over yesterday (03/08) and when I arrowed down to it, I got the expired message.
--
Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. -- Red Buttons

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
Rattlers is correct. A bookmark stays there until you take it away.

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA
reply to alan47
Bookmarking is there so you don't have to leave a trail of breadcrumbs to re-find the path you followed through the VOD menu maze to a program you might want to watch later.

Vamp9190
Premium
join:2002-02-11
Chantilly, VA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to darcilicious
said by darcilicious:

said by alan47:

Nope.
Incorrect. The 'Recently Viewed' lasts for only 24 hours. Bookmarks stay there until you delete them.

What would be the point if they disappear after 24hrs.? That's useless. Even VZ realizes that, lol.
Expand your moderator at work

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
reply to Vamp9190

Re: FIOS TV Bookmarking

said by Vamp9190:

said by darcilicious:

said by alan47:

Nope.
Incorrect. The 'Recently Viewed' lasts for only 24 hours. Bookmarks stay there until you delete them.

What would be the point if they disappear after 24hrs.? That's useless. Even VZ realizes that, lol.
Uh, what? He's asking if the VOD item (not the bookmark to the VOD item) would be available more than 24 hours after paying for it IF he bookmarked it.