Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cooldude9919

join:2000-05-29
kudos:5

Outdoor Housing/Enclosure for Conduit

Click for full size
Thought i would ask here since i am sure you guys deal with finding housings/enclosures for unique suitations.

We are getting fiber from a local provider and will be pulling it into the building though an existing 2" conduit that is next to the big metal pole. As you can see the fiber is already there waiting comming out of the orange conduit. The pipe with the lb/weather head next to the orange conduit will be going away.

The fiber provider would like for the fiber path to be covered, so i am thinking of cutting down the pipes to just above the pad and then looking for some type of housing/enclosure to mount on top of the pad that would hang over a bit to cover the orange conduit.

I am having trouble locating something to use. Any ideas?

I did locate these which might work, though they are more designed to be partially buried.

»www.charlesindustries.com/main/t···lph.html

amp

join:2007-08-29
USA

1 recommendation

Something here might work.
»americantechsupply.com/osp.htm

cooldude9919

1 edit

1 recommendation

I think i found something that will work similar to what you found,

»pencell.com/productDetails.aspx?···ID=PE-14

Or a similar model (i can get several models from pencell through a local supplier), though they are all made for the lower part to be underground i dont think it has to be and they have holes pre made in the lip at the bottom to mount to the pad easily.

Hahausuck
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:2
reply to cooldude9919
I'd have no issues with using the pedestal that you linked to in the first link. That's what those things are for: to contain the splice box.

It's pretty commonly done around my area by the Cable Co. so it's fair to say it will work fine. The only thing I can think of is you may have to move the conduit a bit so you can get the ped into the dirt.

cooldude9919

said by Hahausuck:

I'd have no issues with using the pedestal that you linked to in the first link. That's what those things are for: to contain the splice box.

It's pretty commonly done around my area by the Cable Co. so it's fair to say it will work fine. The only thing I can think of is you may have to move the conduit a bit so you can get the ped into the dirt.
I need to cover the conduit comming out the of concrete pad as well, so whatever i get will be mounted on top of the pad and hang over enough to cover the orange conduit. I will then backfill a little dirt to fill in the emtpy space.

Hahausuck
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:2
10-4 on that one. I would then try and find a box big enough to cover the top. Otherwise there are various OSP steel cabinets but those can get expensive.

PSWired

join:2006-03-26
Annapolis, MD
reply to cooldude9919
Can you just dig up the existing conduit before it enters the pad underground and reroute it over near the new fiber duct, away from the pad? Then you can use one of the buried enclosures linked earlier and have nothing exposed above ground. Cheaper and less stuff exposed that way. If you're keeping that coax drop, route it into there too.