share rss forum feed

pika2000

join:2005-10-13
Seattle, WA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

Blame it on Motorola.

Yeah, AT&T sux, and it's easy to blame them, but Motorola is the one that made the backflip, the one that made a deal with AT&T, the one that allowed AT&T to rape the phone. Even funnier, Apple haters manage to blame Apple on this.

AT&T raping phone firmware is not new. They've been doing it from the get go to any of their branded phones. Nobody's stopping Motorola to release an Android phone with 850 UMTS band support free from AT&T. Motorola could've said GTFO to AT&T. But no, they bend over and took AT&T's offer. Look at Nokia E71x, AT&T's junk. Nokia themselves still release an untouched E71. Motorola could've easily done the same thing, nobody's stopping them. Motorola is a greedy wuss, plain and simple.

Again, AT&T doesn't make the backflip, Motorola did. AT&T modifying firmware is not new, it's their MO. It's up to the manufactures to man up and tell wireless carriers to GTFO.

SSidlov
Other Things On My Mind
Premium
join:2000-03-03
Pompton Lakes, NJ

said by pika2000:

Yeah, AT&T sux, and it's easy to blame them, but Motorola is the one that made the backflip, the one that made a deal with AT&T, the one that allowed AT&T to rape the phone.
As a very long time ATT customer, I always look for phones that can be restored to the original firmware; that is not unlocking but DEBRANDING.

I have always been much happier with the phone debranded, SE always put a lot of features into them while ATT always tried to re-purpose the phone to more cash streams (Video on demand, XM radio, etc).
--
»www.Warpstock.org