·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

2 edits

cypherstream to Pullo9

MVM

to Pullo9

Re: central PA world of more updates

said by Pullo9:

As for timing,who knows? Got my newest bill today and there is nothing on it about analog cuts or faster internet speeds.
I think the bill is just that.... a bill.

The new products, services and calvary will be separate mailers. Surprised we didn't see a set top message yet about the cutoff.

I think after the first cutoff the following was slated to be added, but this was almost two months ago. Things change...

Bio HD
Cartoon Network HD
E! HD
Encore East HD
Fox Business HD
Hallmark Movie Channel HD
Lifetime Movie Networks HD
Planet Green HD
NBA TV HD
Travel Channel HD

I could continue on about the second grouping but I think you all know what the end result will be from reading the other area's PDF's are. Plus the info I have is over about 2 months old. They change things up minute by minute, so we will just wait and see.

Pullo9
join:2009-06-18
Reading, PA

Pullo9

Reading 1st analog cut

In the past the bill seemed to be the way Comcast passed along service messages.Of all the the things Comcast mailed to a home you would think the bill got the most attention.

It's going to be interesting to see how hard Comcast pushes the word on the 1st analog cut,quite a few people I've talked to remember getting a flier but haven't ordered DTA's and are in for a surprise on or about the 30th.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

they put up a notice on the affected channels for about a week or so.
motorola870

2 edits

motorola870

Im going to have a service expansion around the 1 first week of april Im getting SDV so I will give central pa updates and bugs and how the tuning is going so all of you are informed when it does come to your area next year or later as is they are going to run out of bandwith on 750MHz quickly after they hit 100HD mark so I am warning yall of the issues.

This will be with Iguide so here I go into project 90 days to 100 HD from Bigband just so I can tell you the way SDV on motorola actually works and its qwirks and bugs.

they are moving to SDV:
ESPN HD
ESPN2 HD
ESPNU HD
ESPNEWS HD
DISNEY HD
DISNEY XD HD
ABC FAMILY HD
FX HD
SPEED HD
FSN HD
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC HD
FOX NEWS HD
CNN HD
TNT HD
TBS HD
HD THEATER
DISCOVERY HD
ANIMAL PLANET HD
TLC HD
SCIENCE CHANNEL HD
PLANET GREEN HD
TRAVEL HD
BIO HD
A&E HD
HISTORY HD
WEATHER CHANNEL HD
CBS COLLEGE SPORTS HD
CNBC HD
USA HD
BRAVO HD
Syfy HD
STARZ HD
CINEMAX HD
MGM HD
SMITHSONIAN HD
MAV TV HD
UHD
VERSUS HD
GOLF HD
LMN HD

43 HD in total basically freeing up 16 qams for SDV.

I think they figured if they move HD to SDV they wont have as many problems as SD is the most tuned version and leaving SD broadcast they have to do mixing SD and HD on SDV I think this is smart right now the have 55 broadcast HD so if they use up to the max 39HD can be supported SDV at once on each node and only have 43HD go SDV they wont have problems at the begining but when we get to 100HD it is iffy.