Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

Belkin UPS no power when plugged in

I have one of these that just stopped working for no reason.. No power goes to any outlets when plugged in, while I don't have it on me right now what could be the possible source of it failing like that?

Mdoc
Ehh... munch munch... what's up, Doc?
Premium Member
join:2007-03-27
Sterling, VA

Mdoc

Premium Member

I'd say either a fuse tripped or blown or worse, a defective unit or something blown in the power conditioning section.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

1 edit

Subaru

Premium Member

said by Mdoc:

I'd say either a fuse tripped or blown or worse, a defective unit or something blown in the power conditioning section.
I'd have to open it up which I was unable to do at the time.

it's the same one shown in this picture

»www.shoplet.com/Belkin-H ··· dium=CPA

Tursiops_G
Technoid
MVM
join:2002-02-06
Brooksville, FL
ARRIS TM1602

Tursiops_G

MVM

Personally, I wouldn't even bother with attempting to fix that particular unit...

Take a look at the Size of the Backup Battery... (That's gotta be TINY)... While it may hold up to a Momentary Power "Glitch", but just How many Amp-Hours can it provide (is it enough Run-Time to allow you to Gracefully Shut Down the protected PC in the event of an Actual power failure?)

I'd suggest getting a Bigger/better unit, one with more Battery Capacity/Reserve Run-Time...

-Tursiops_G.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

It's not for a PC but for my OV modem

but yeah the battery is small.

Mdoc
Ehh... munch munch... what's up, Doc?
Premium Member
join:2007-03-27
Sterling, VA

1 edit

Mdoc

Premium Member

If the unit has screws on the back, you can open it up and see if any items are burned or out of place, or you can just buy a new one for less than 44 bucks (relatively cheap). I'd just get a new one, if it were me. Likely you would have to spend time ID'ing what you need to buy in order to fix it, and then go find a place to buy it.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

But hey we like the harder things
trublood5
join:2010-01-01
Christchurch, VA

trublood5 to Subaru

to Subaru
i had the same issue with my UPS it turned out to be a Fuse problem

cowboyro
Premium Member
join:2000-10-11
CT

cowboyro to Subaru

Premium Member

to Subaru
My experience with Belkin units (some 15 of them) has been between bad and awful - from units simply failing to others overheating so much that you couldn't touch them.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

well we can always hope it's a fuse

hambone42
Peace, through superior firepower
Premium Member
join:2002-02-02
Manassas, VA

hambone42 to Subaru

Premium Member

to Subaru
Seems to be going around:

»[Hardware] F6B750-AVR dead

I do get power from the surge protected only (no battery backup) outlets, however.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

this thing has been been sitting around for like 3 years.. I hope I can still find it lol

If I can't make anything of it I'm sure it has parts inside I can place in my bins

Tursiops_G
Technoid
MVM
join:2002-02-06
Brooksville, FL
ARRIS TM1602

Tursiops_G

MVM

After 3 yrs. of sitting (especially in a Power-Off state), I'd be willing to bet Dollars to Doughnuts that the Battery in that thing has long since Sulphated itself, and is now Kaput...

-Tursiops_G.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

said by Tursiops_G:

After 3 yrs. of sitting (especially in a Power-Off state), I'd be willing to bet Dollars to Doughnuts that the Battery in that thing has long since Sulphated itself, and is now Kaput...

-Tursiops_G.
yeah that figures replacements are like $16 online
Subaru

Subaru

Premium Member

Looks like the Belkin is missing someone may of dumped it or maybe not.
daveinpoway
Premium Member
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA

daveinpoway to cowboyro

Premium Member

to cowboyro
Sorry to hear that your Belkin UPS experiences have been bad. I have a BU3DC000-12V (»www.belkin.com/gatewaybattery/), which was originally intended for use with AT&T U-Verse (but I am using it for something else). No idea how old it is, since I bought it used, but it has been trouble-free so far.

In the U-Verse forum, I haven't seen any significant complaints about this unit, so perhaps Belkin got this model right.