uniqs

beck
MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road

beck

MVM

antenna connector end for car receiver

The radio was ripped out and stolen (among other things). Marginal radio sitting in an old junk box was put in by the repair guys.

Fastforward 7 years to today.

I put in a new receiver. Works too! But what I noticed was that when the radio was stolen, they cut or ripped the end off for the antenna wire.

So I have a black wire, with a cut/mangled looking silver metal band around it, with a small white end around a very thin single copper wire. I can put that into the antenna wire from the receiver and if I'm careful to not bend the copper wire and it goes into the center hole, it works ok as long as it's not jiggled around.

So... I need a new end put on. I assume it needs a crimper to do that. What end and what crimper?

I would just take it to a car audio place, but it's my motorhome. Most car audio places have very tiny cramped parking where the motorhome won't go.

Thanks for help!

shdesigns